I left yucaipa for a one way 10 hour drive [ 604 miles ] to Fort Bragg in Mendocino Co. [ three hour drive north of san francisco ] it was a low tide weekend [ -1.4 at 8:00 in the morn. ] on the north coast and the water was reported to be pretty calm and flat this diving weekend , it turned out to be the second best water conditions ive ever dove in , water vis. at about 15 ft. and even better at high tide [ 20-25 ft. ] no waves or surge just Abalone everywhere . water temp. was a little cool at 49 deg. but a 2 peice 7 mm wet suit kept me warm. alot of rock pickers working the shallows for smaller abs. but i was diving on the outer reef at laguna point in about 15-20 ft. [ deeper water bigger abs. ] at MACKERRICHER State Park . great park , at water edge , hot water showers [ for the girls of course ] clean rest rooms and camping along the forest . Fort Bragg has all kinda stuff to see and do between diving , alot of family orinated activities . i got my limit of abs [ 3 ] in just minutes as ive been here before , but just floated and kicked around to see where the abs are hiding . // db

a 29 year old guy drowned here in 2003 diving for abalone

my limit of three [ 24 yearly ] 2 @ 9 .25 and 1 @ 8.25 [img]http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/IMG_0250_1_1_1.JPG[/img

quess what iam having for dinner tonight / fried breaded abalone steaks in garlic butter , yum . iam going next month again , pm me if you like cold water /// db