Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bug recon and then some fun.

Default Bug recon and then some fun.

Met up with Mikey, his friend Tim, and Nate. Got there around 7am and suited up. Water was nice and calm and made it easy to get in. I was first in and waited. Next it was Vasquez and his entry was textbook. Got in no prob and got to me right away. Then came Nate, Tim and Mikey. We headed out to a reef I wanted to check out and glad I did. Must have seen about a dozen bugs but they were in deep in the holes. The biggest one I saw was a monster, easy 8 pounds. Also saw a sheepshead the size of China. If I had a speargun it would have been over. Check out the pics! Remember these Gheribaldy are huge and are about 3 pounds! Doggie, let's hit this up at night brother.

Duc

Not too sure if I am able to grab that 8 lbs bug by hand but I am welling to give it a try... Might need to step on it and tail in to the game bag... I will need a bigger game bag for this monster. haha.. Thanks for sharing great pics and sorry I missed big time for a nice dive.

Ken

NICE REPORT , I didn't make it out last nite as I'll wait till after deer season to start diving for my lobster , I'll dive the entire season 1 here 1 there and just have fun with it . thanks for the pics , good shots .

let me know when you guys plan on doing this dive ... looks like fun sorry i didnt make it out this morning .. i was too tired from opening night

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorse1966 View Post
    let me know when you guys plan on doing this dive ... looks like fun sorry i didnt make it out this morning .. i was too tired from opening night
    Let'd do it Ralph. More recon to come!

nice underwater pics. How many bugs did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
    nice underwater pics. How many bugs did you get?
    None this was in the middle of the morning at 8am so bugs were deep inside the rocks. Now when I come back from Cabo, I will do a night dive and will repot then.

Duc

Thats so dam cool..... Thanks..

Hey Ken,

Did you see how many sea urchins are in one of those pictures?

Man, I don't think I can carry that many to the surface for you so take your bag! LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast