I have a lot of pics so I'll try and keep the reading to a minimum. We used 4 different cameras for this trip. Sorry for the inconsistent photo sizing.

I planned a few months back to hit the Eastern Sierras while the GF was out of town for a few. Didn't really have any specific place in mind, just planned on spot hopping and learning more of the area. As the date drew closer, Matt D, Ron and Brian were all starting to get into the fly and anxious to check it out as well. Next thing you know it was the four of us heading up for the week on a mission!

Thought we might do a bit of hiking and camping while on the trip for a change of scenery and a chance at some of the fine fish the Sierras have to offer. The window of weather looked slim but we decided to give it a shot anyways and packed accordingly. On with the photos!

I left for Bishop a day early to secure base camp and do a bit of spot hopping. Here's Whitney on the way up. I have a feeling I may be taking a picture from the opposite end some day.

Of course, I hit several tackle shops and loaded up with more than I needed. After which, I grabbed a bite to eat and left town for base camp at the Owens

Much calmer than last trip

One of the biggest crayfish I've seen. That's my huge foot..

Went up the road to check out the dam

The fish were hitting on top. Saw a family of 3 catch 1
No fish for me on day 1. Farmed at least 10 in the Owens wild section on barbless gear.

The next morning. Just before Sunrise at base camp

Decided to try my luck at some spots on Bishop Creek for the first time.
Picked up first fish of the trip on the good 'ol Panther Martin Holographic.

I got the honor of fighting that trout through rapids from his pool on 2lb. Long skinney lil guy reminded me of back home.
I love finding little creek cubby holes!
Spotted another very large brown nearby this area.

This shot actually came out somewhat! Clouds spread so thin they created a visible spectrum like a rainbow lining.

Since I was half way there already.. I went to see South Lake for the first time really quick. Here's a few shots from up that way..

South Lake and beyond

Was beginning to wonder when the crew was gonna make it up,
so I headed back down to town to fish in close and gain cell reception.
Check out the O near five bridges for nada.

Then found a small cut of Bishop Creek off a dirt road. Saw lots of fishing garbage and "no camping" signs, so I figured day use fishing was OK. A nearby DFG officer later confirmed my figures.
Managed two bows here, both of which had been C&R'd a time or two already. Evident by previously ripped lips and rashed up scales.

Then I got "the call" from Matt and met them down by the fly shops.
After some supply gathering we headed back to base.

Weather looks good! Time to get down to business. It won't be that way long.

Ron and Matt learned there really is animals abound when they left the windows down.

Breakfast with "Brookie"

Mc'Golden

Ron decided to go a bit last minute so ran the Jansport and
clip rig. Animal style!

Despite how it may look, that's actually a pretty comfy setup!

Brian taking it all in while Ron targets some sly micro brookies

first lake

second lake

third lake

fourth lake

fifth lake

The start of the hike

Continued in next post..