Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time no success!!!

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FISHSTIX View Post
    i heard the ventura pier produces pretty good but this was a year ago...good luck w/e you go

thanks for the reports guys.. confidence is building up again and about to explode..lol

Sorry to hear that you came home empty handed. Better luck next time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEADROOTS View Post
    Ya I suggest that it sucks! The only way that ill go to the pier again is if I take my college club out for a fishing experience. You don't need any licensing there!

You need a Lobster report card to take bugs or you can end up paying a big big fine.

Starting Sept. 27, the opening day of a recreational lobster season that extends to March 18, every person attempting to take spiny lobsters must have a Spiny Lobster Report Card. The cost is $7.50, and the cards are available at the DFG's office, 4949 Viewridge Ave., and at many tackle stores.
    Anglers 16 and older – whether they're hoop-netters or free or scuba divers – must have a fishing license and an Ocean Enhancement Stamp in addition to the lobster report card. Kids under 16, although not required to have a fishing license, must have a Spiny Lobster Report Card if they're accompanying adults on trips. Report cards also are required for people fishing from a pier, where a fishing license is not required.
    The report card must be filled out immediately after fishing a certain spot. And if you dive from shore, the report card must be within 500 yards of the point of entry.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUNTdBANDIT View Post
    But nowadays, there are people overfishing it out there...meaning, one guy will come with 3 or 4 poles and 2-3 crab nets!?! Ridiculous!!

It also isn't illegal to use more than two rods on a public pier.

Have fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12