Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Break Out the Dread Wigs...

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    So with that said its safe to say you got someone else taking the West then..... WELLBILLDANCE"what do you"SAYS?

TD

I think it should be the dodgers but they're putting a lot of faith in a injury proned veteran and an unproven newb on the pitching staff.
    So wellbilldancesays it could be the set up for an epic fail for the dodgers.
    But I'm pulling for the dodgers.

BTW just for the record the rally monkey will be around alot longer than the dread hats.

In all honesty, outside of the steroid saga the two most embarrassing things in baseball the last couple of years have been the Mets annual September choke job and Seattle being the first team to ever lose 100+ games with a 100 million dollar payroll.

As far as the marketing gimmicks go, what do they even pay the marketing staff of the Angels for? They've had the same tired gimmick for YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoring Machine View Post
    As far as the marketing gimmicks go, what do they even pay the marketing staff of the Angels for? They've had the same tired gimmick for YEARS.
    The Dodgers should bring back that koala "mascot" they had in the early 90s.

A koala could definitely beat down a Capuchin monkey, and the brawl could be placed on the big screen to serve as entertainment for the collective 75% of the fans that aren't even watching the game.

Like this lady:

I guess she got introduced to what a 'foul ball' is REAL quick.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 03-06-2009 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Too much blood apparently

Quote Originally Posted by wellbilldancesays View Post
    I think it should be the dodgers but they're putting a lot of faith in a injury proned veteran and an unproven newb on the pitching staff.
    So wellbilldancesays it could be the set up for an epic fail for the dodgers.
    But I'm pulling for the dodgers.

BTW just for the record the rally monkey will be around alot longer than the dread hats.
    C'mon BillyBass lets face it, the majority of the teams in baseball have MAJOR pitching concerns and would kill to have the bats that the Dodgers will be swinging this season...it seems like we have had decent pitchers the past decade and the offense has failed miserably. I honestly don't think the staff is going to be as bad as the media is portraying it to be...give them chance before breaking out the torches and pitchforks!

BTW just for the record the rally monkey won't be making it to The Hall of Fame when its all said and done!

DS please refrain from posting those kinda pics from now on...YUCK!!!

THINK BLUE

TD

True the Rally Monkey wont make in the HOF but Manny won't be wearing a dodger hat in it either.

Definetly the dodgers look better than they have in a long, long time. And being in the lower end of baseball as they have been for so long I can see why hardcore dodger fans are excited.

At least it will make for an exciting start to the season.

I can't believe it's come down to an argument between a living man, the best right handed hitter of our generation, and a fictitious monkey. Opening day needs to get here soon.

DS please refrain from posting those kinda pics from now on...YUCK!!!

TD
    Sorry.

I thought I was sending out a Public Service Announcement of sorts about the dangers of Texting While Watching a Baseball Game While Seated Behind The First Base Dugout.

It has been edited.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 03-06-2009 at 08:28 PM.

CLASSIC EDITING JOB!

There is no sport in America that brings out the smack talking like baseball....I love it!

At least Manny won't be going to the HOF in a Tankees hat

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 03-07-2009 at 05:39 AM.

At least Manny won't be going to the HOF in a Tankees hat

TD
    Well, see, in SoCalGuy's wildest dreams, worst case scenario will occur:

Manny plays a year, then opts out of his contract.

Then, the Yankees pick him up, because they can.

THEN, to spite the Red Sox, he'll try to enter the HOF as a Yankee.

Quote Originally Posted by wellbilldancesays View Post
    True the Rally Monkey wont make in the HOF but Manny won't be wearing a dodger hat in it either.

Definetly the dodgers look better than they have in a long, long time. And being in the lower end of baseball as they have been for so long I can see why hardcore dodger fans are excited.

At least it will make for an exciting start to the season.
    I can’t wait to see how many double plays Furcal and Hudson turn.
    I can’t wait to see if Broxten remains closer for the season.
    I can’t wait to see Clayton Kershaw.
    I can’t wait to see Schmidt traded for ten maple bats.
    I can’t wait to see the order - My guess Kemp, Loney, Furcal, Ramirez, Martin, Blake, Ethier, Hudson/DeWitt (and I think it’ll be kinda cool the first time DeWitt hits a go-ahead run and then Joe puts Hudson in and Hudson makes an un-assisted triple play. I can see it. Man on first, man on second. Hudson is trying to hold the guy. Runner waaay off at first. Batter hits a dying quail to Hudson’s left, Hudson goes under it but it tails over his right shoulder and behind him. First and third then wave both runners on frantically… but of course Hudson doubles his entire body back in to a C shape and he snares it perfectly by which time the lead runner has slid into third and the runner from first, a dumb kid from Dog Patch has rounded the bag at second. Hudson chases him down and then in a foot race, beats the lead runner in a diving tag on the bag at second)
    I can’t wait to see this curmudgeon-free team take the field
    and I can’t wait to see a chilidog
    BRING ... IT ... ON
    Last edited by City Dad; 03-06-2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: hadn't used any elipssses

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Well, see, in SoCalGuy's wildest dreams, worst case scenario will occur:

Manny plays a year, then opts out of his contract.

Then, the Yankees pick him up, because they can.

THEN, to spite the Red Sox, he'll try to enter the HOF as a Yankee.

dude, and this could totally be an "Ex getting even by getting freaky with their newest boyfriend/ATM" situation for LA... Just one hot night - no strings... man, that's not gonna make this any easier for SoCalGuy either... ;)
    Last edited by City Dad; 03-06-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: kids here...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast