Since BadFish(2) Gammons is no longer here to bless us with day to day Angels news and highlights (unless they were in the playoffs getting swept), I'll bring you up to speed with the happenings of the Halos.

• The effeminite fireballer Ervin Santana that the Angels just signed for $30 million? He has a tired arm apparently.

LOS ANGELES -- Angels All-Star right-hander Ervin Santana will open the season on the disabled list with an elbow injury.

An MRI scan traced discomfort in his pitching elbow to a sprained medial collateral ligament, the team said.

• A Dominican being older than what he told his agent? Say it ain't so!

LOS ANGELES -- Angels’ slugger Vladimir Guerrero recently underwent a mysterious transformation. In a span of 12 months, he’s managed to age two years, though there are no physical signs of change. Guerrero revealed he's actually a year older than previously thought, Yahoo! Sports reports. He's actually 34 years old and born in 1975.
That might explains the Frankenstein-esque running style Vlad has developed over the past 5 years.

Mark Teixeira?

Yeah, that wasn't a bad dream, you didn't re-sign him. You, uh, rented him, in essence.

So, since the Angels have been buried on Page 12 of the Sports section lately, I'd thought I'd 'bump' them up to the top.

Tootles.