Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fight On

Default Fight On

That's what I call a comeback. They looked like Rocky gettin up from da mat ... and comin back.

we're talking about...?

I'm assuming this is about USC winning the Pac Ten hoops tourney.

How fitting that this is the first USC hoops post in a LONG time.

Nice fan base.

I was at the USC vs. Oregon St game thanks to their season ticket holders giving away tickets, it was the USC Senior Day and the building was MAYBE 60% full.

I guess its been tough fitting in all the USC hoops discussion because of all the diehard bruin fans that have been posting

Fight On!

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    I guess its been tough fitting in all the USC hoops discussion because of all the diehard bruin fans that have been posting

Fight On!

TD
    It's closed-minded for you to assume that you have to be a UCLA fan to notice how crappy USC hoops fans are.

Rational people know that USC hoops fans are sub-par at best, not just UCLA fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoring Machine View Post
    It's closed-minded for you to assume that you have to be a UCLA fan to notice how crappy USC hoops fans are.

Rational people know that USC hoops fans are sub-par at best, not just UCLA fans.
    You must be from the East Coast or just crawled out from under a rock, because it isn't exactly news that USC fans don't sell out basketball games....packing in 100K for a football game doesn't seem to be an issue though now does it? Flip flop sports and you have the same argument for ucla fans...it is just the way it is here in California.

What I really don't think is close minded....is that you need to get an identity:

In one of your comments you used the word "WE" when talking about the boys in baby blue...."we" usually means "us" as in "my team"....

The Hiring of Rick Neuweasle in and of itself proved that UCLA wasn't even trying to field a competitive team.

Mike Leech was interested, but noooooooo, we don't want to talk to him, he's only 11-1 in the Big 12 with a team he built himself.
    So I am thinking cool, right on ATLEAST Scoring Machine finally shows his allegiance to something(since there is no evidence on FNN that he knows how to share a fishing report), a ucla football fan(great oxymoron)

Then I recalled another post and pulled up this little gem...note the highlighted word "their".

There was a guy wearing an OJ USC jersey sitting one row behind me at the SC vs. UCLA game this weekend, too funny.

He was getting hassled by the UCLA fans obviously, they had to do something other than watch their offense rack up 140 total yards in 4 quarters of action.

The jersey of the day goes to a guy 2 rows in front of me wearing an AUTOGRAPHED Cade McNown Bears jersey. As someone that appreciates **** jerseys, that one deserves special recognition.

So when it comes to the ucla coaching decision it is "we" and when it comes to ucla offense getting dominated at the Rose Bowl it is "their"? Call me a homer or close minded all you want SM, but you can't call me a front runner!

So which is it "we" or "their" when it come to the bruins Scoring Machine?

Why are you so candid about who you root for until someone calls you out?

TD

Default Ucla

"Champion of minor sports" The old saying is true ... put a bRuin around a Trojan and the insecure bRuin will start something. Most of the time they are people who are fans but don't have a degree ... or worse yet, it's from some 2nd rate college.

We're a football school and we pay our own way ... along with paying theirs. lol

Your whole argument is that I used a "we" instead of "they"? Well, you got me. I used incorrect grammar. And if you look at the context of the "we", I was ragging on how retarded the UCLA athletic department was, still is, and will continue to be until they fire the athletic director.

Apparently I've reached Bill Clinton status and you're tracking every single word I write. It's good to know.

I do like the implication that anyone that isn't a fan of USC is either a fan of UCLA or from the East Coast. I'm sure that the Bay Area, Arizona, Oregon and Washington will be interested to learn this.

I'm well aware that there are very few USC hoops fans. That's why I thought it was comical that after a season of not posting about it, an SC fan took the opportunity to post. Fans bragging about a sport they don't support is quite frankly rather pathetic.

It's like when the SEC tries to brag about academics, you can't listen to it without laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    In one of your comments you used the word "WE" when talking about the boys in baby blue...."we" usually means "us" as in "my team"....

Then I recalled another post and pulled up this little gem...note the highlighted word "their".

Why are you so candid about who you root for until someone calls you out?
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...2&postcount=57

I don't think it takes a USC graduate to find out what team The Scoring Machine roots for, although it takes a bit of 'reading in between the lines.'

And knowing the guy, I also love that he's being dubbed a Bruin or a Bruin fan, and someone who has a 2nd rate education. Knowing the details, that is extremely hilarious and I'm currently giving him shít for it.

I think I'm gonna get him a Cade McNown jersey on April 1st after all this.

Perhaps a Skip Hicks jersey?

I'm used to it from USC fans...

As far as using selective intelligence against me? Then using that as the jumping off point for additional fallacies?

I guess I should be happy that they didn't try to claim that I was trying to obtain yellow cake from Africa.

And as far as UCLA winning titles in sports that don't matter, I'd have to point out that USC too wins a lot of sports that don't matter. Secondly, which sports matter? If anything I would think that USC fans would be proud of having the second most team titles, rather than belittling and downgrading the team with the most titles. That just seems kind of counterproductive to me, but it is apparently par for the course for fans of the USC Hurricanes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast