Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pac Man Vs. Hatton

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    I dont know dude Mannys chin aint so great itself.

Barrera & Marquez & **** i forget his name you know the three mexican fighters he has fought all put him down a few times and that was WAYYYYY lighter weight class. About 20 Lbs differnce know taking shots rom these guys? Hatton has alot of power and yes his defense isnt all that great, I dont think Mannys small fists can hurt Hatton Enough.

Im just hoping to see a slug fest lol like the other mexican triligy fights.

The De La Hoya fight, as impressive as it looked, was not a really good indication of how well Pacquiao might fare against bigger foes. With the benefit of hindsight, it is obvious that De La Hoya was damaged goods, and therefore, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that this fight has absolutely no bearing on how a fight between Hatton and Pacquiao might play out. Hatton is still the naturally bigger, stronger fighter. Unlike De La Hoya, Hatton is still at (or very near) his prime, and under the tutelage of Floyd Mayweather Sr., he even seems to be improving, as evidenced in his most recent fight against Paulie Malignaggi. He is strong, tough, determined, and experienced, and unlike De La Hoya, he is still hungry.

It is also worth noting that De La Hoya was primarily a one-handed fighter who was never known for roughing up opponents on the inside. Once Pacquiao was able to neutralize De La Hoya's left hand, things became fairly easy, because Oscar lacks the one punch which Manny is most susceptible to—a straight right. Hatton, conversely, can punch with both hands and is an especially good body puncher. He can rip shots to the midsection with either hand, and is often known to maul opponents on the inside with his phone booth brawling tactics. De La Hoya was never able to land much of anything on Pacquiao, but that will not be the case with Hatton, whose punches are sharper and more menacing than anything a fading Oscar was able to offer.
    Like I said...Hatton has no jaw and no defense! Next....Marguez or Mayweather? I think Mayweather and I hope Manny goes to town on him.

Quote Originally Posted by flopps1 View Post
    Like I said...Hatton has no jaw and no defense! Next....Marguez or Mayweather? I think Mayweather and I hope Manny goes to town on him.
    Nice call man. That was an awesome definition of pwnd.... Manny looks quicker than ever... Awesome fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    Nice call man. That was an awesome definition of pwnd.... Manny looks quicker than ever... Awesome fight.
    Hey, bro! Hope the Cumara's working out for you! Anyhow, Manny's looked real good! Foot work, his right hand, speed and power. He seems to be a complete fighter. Plus, i think Freddie and Manny just click real well! Freddie Roach is a brillant trainer. Put the two together and you have tuff combo.

I just hope Freddie's parkinson's disease doesn't get the best of him....The big test is out there still. Mayweather needs to beat Marquez and we'll have the ulitmate pay day fight.

Can't wait to see that one!

hey The Angler, Pacquiao was never put down by any of those 3 fighters... I don't know where you're getting your facts. In fact, Pacquiao was KO'd by a Thailander, and another Filipino boxer, the only times he went down.

Also if you think the malignaggi fight showcased Hattons skills, you are WAY wrong. It took him 11 rounds to finish a fighter that has no power whatsoever. 5 KO's in 26 wins.

Hattons prime was when he defeated Kostya Tszyu, which still in my opinion was a close fight till the corner stopped it (Corner didn't realize the judges had hatton only by one round at that point).

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    hey The Angler, Pacquiao was never put down by any of those 3 fighters... I don't know where you're getting your facts. In fact, Pacquiao was KO'd by a Thailander, and another Filipino boxer, the only times he went down.

Also if you think the malignaggi fight showcased Hattons skills, you are WAY wrong. It took him 11 rounds to finish a fighter that has no power whatsoever. 5 KO's in 26 wins.

Hattons prime was when he defeated Kostya Tszyu, which still in my opinion was a close fight till the corner stopped it (Corner didn't realize the judges had hatton only by one round at that point).
    Your right for some reason i thought they Knocked him down in there fights. Pac-man hasnt been put down since he was a ameture i belive by a body shot.Dont get me wrong im a BIG Manny fan but for some reason i let the Hatton hype get to me and ended up lose a fat wad cause of it lol. Thats what i get for going against my cash cow pacqiua.

I want Manny to fight Marquez again to try to prove he can beat him cause of the draw and the second fight which everyone knows should have went to Marquez. But i also want him to destory mayweather i just cant stand the guy .

Your right for some reason i thought they Knocked him down in there fights. Pac-man hasnt been put down since he was a ameture i belive by a body shot.Dont get me wrong im a BIG Manny fan but for some reason i let the Hatton hype get to me and ended up lose a fat wad cause of it lol. Thats what i get for going against my cash cow pacqiua.

I want Manny to fight Marquez again to try to prove he can beat him cause of the draw and the second fight which everyone knows should have went to Marquez. But i also want him to destory mayweather i just cant stand the guy .
    Well, I guess we can both agree that we would like to see Mayweather his butt kicked! It will be a tuff task. As much as I would like to see him lose, the fact remains that he's a very defensive minded fighter, precise and very fast. It'll be interesting to see who can do it.
    Last edited by flopps1; 05-03-2009 at 09:35 PM.

I dont know dude Mannys chin aint so great itself.

Barrera & Marquez & **** i forget his name you know the three mexican fighters he has fought all put him down a few times and that was WAYYYYY lighter weight class. About 20 Lbs differnce know taking shots rom these guys? Hatton has alot of power and yes his defense isnt all that great, I dont think Mannys small fists can hurt Hatton Enough.

Im just hoping to see a slug fest lol like the other mexican triligy fights.

The De La Hoya fight, as impressive as it looked, was not a really good indication of how well Pacquiao might fare against bigger foes. With the benefit of hindsight, it is obvious that De La Hoya was damaged goods, and therefore, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that this fight has absolutely no bearing on how a fight between Hatton and Pacquiao might play out. Hatton is still the naturally bigger, stronger fighter. Unlike De La Hoya, Hatton is still at (or very near) his prime, and under the tutelage of Floyd Mayweather Sr., he even seems to be improving, as evidenced in his most recent fight against Paulie Malignaggi. He is strong, tough, determined, and experienced, and unlike De La Hoya, he is still hungry.

It is also worth noting that De La Hoya was primarily a one-handed fighter who was never known for roughing up opponents on the inside. Once Pacquiao was able to neutralize De La Hoya's left hand, things became fairly easy, because Oscar lacks the one punch which Manny is most susceptible to—a straight right. Hatton, conversely, can punch with both hands and is an especially good body puncher. He can rip shots to the midsection with either hand, and is often known to maul opponents on the inside with his phone booth brawling tactics. De La Hoya was never able to land much of anything on Pacquiao, but that will not be the case with Hatton, whose punches are sharper and more menacing than anything a fading Oscar was able to offer.
    LOL, Flopps1 Called it dead on! Hatton's Jaw shattered with that left hook to the jaw. KO, not TKO, but nice call! Remember Pacman was still growing when he fought in the lighter weight class against the mexican fighters. He has matured and become a lot stronger, case in point, he has knockout power! So much for "Walking in a Hatton wonderland" he was dreaming that night! Mayweather Jr is up next, hope he gets lights out too!
    Last edited by Troutslayer620; 05-06-2009 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Troutslayer620 View Post
    LOL, Flopps1 Called it dead on! Hatton's Jaw shattered with that left hook to the jaw. KO, not TKO, but nice call! Remember Pacman was still growing when he fought in the lighter weight class against the mexican fighters. He has matured and become a lot stronger, case in point, he has knockout power! So much for "Walking in a Hatton wonderland" he was dreaming that night! Mayweather Jr is up next, hope he gets lights out too!
    Yea it seemed like 140 is Mannys best weight. He was extremly fast and obviously had alot of power i think he should stay at this and just dominate everyone. Hes on his was as one of the greatest fighters in my eyes

Some good fights ahead of us, boxing fans! Regardless of who your favorite fighter is. Should be some good stuff!

Cant wait for the Mayweather Vs. Marquez fight. Hopefully Marquez can put Mayweather down so we can see Pac-Man And him in the third bout.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast