Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USA shocks da world!!!!

Default USA shocks da world!!!!

I am not an avid soccer fan(aka futbol), but my daughter's participation in the sport the past few years has certainly given me a greater appreciation for the sport and based on what I have been reading today's win over Spain is HUUUUUGE and is considered a miracle!

"It was Spain's first defeat since November 2006 and snapped a world-record 15-game winning streak for the team widely expected to win the tournament"

Congrats to team USA taking down the #1 ranked team in the world!

TD

Holy crap, they won

The USA team even getting to the match with Spain was highly improbable, this really is a miracle. Apparently, it took a Herculean effort by the goalkeeper. Props to him and the rest of Team USA!!

USA has a phenominal team this year and is surely a contender for the World Cup...........GOOOOOO USA

Impressive win, yes. Watching Puyol's face was priceless.

But would it have happened if it was 2010?

I dunnnnno....

In any case, they have Brazil to go through now (assuming Brazil takes care of SA).

Anybody want to guess the score to that match?

More than impressive actually , not only to keep a clean sheet
    against Villa and Torres , but to stop Spains run of 35 matches
    defeated is outstanding !

Sue is an idiot!
    I will be watching the final on Sunday with my England (Rooney) shirt on, but will for sure be rooting for the USA!
    Last edited by Sue; 06-24-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    OFG - USA were already eliminated from the World Cup by Brazil
    Really?

I thought Costa Rica led the group with 12 points, followed by the US with 10.

Then Honduras, Mexico, El Salvador and Trinidad & Tobago bringing up the rear.

I think as of today, only Australia, Japan, Korea Republic, Korea DPR, the Netherlands and South Africa are the only ones to have qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Really?

I thought Costa Rica led the group with 12 points, followed by the US with 10.

Then Honduras, Mexico, El Salvador and Trinidad & Tobago bringing up the rear.

I think as of today, only Australia, Japan, Korea Republic, Korea DPR, the Netherlands and South Africa are the only ones to have qualified.
    I'm a fricking idiot I should check my facts (what people tell me) before I spout them!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Impressive win, yes. Watching Puyol's face was priceless.

But would it have happened if it was 2010?

I dunnnnno....

In any case, they have Brazil to go through now (assuming Brazil takes care of SA).

Anybody want to guess the score to that match?
    Seeing todays game, i wouldn't be suprised at what happens between Brazil and South Africa. But im guessing its gonna be Brazil 2 SA 1.

It's half time and it's Brazil 0 - SA 0.
    Brazil are playing like crap, and SA are in with a real chance to be playing USA on Sunday.
    If anyone wants to join me for the game, I'll be taking it in in my local on Sunday afternoon, where beers are only $1.50 on Sundays.........ever seen an English girl watch a soccer match?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast