Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: AMAZING experience at Angel Stadium 7/7

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default AMAZING experience at Angel Stadium 7/7

As most of you probably know, I am first and foremost a DIE HARD Dodger fan having grown up in the San Fernando Valley. I have always rooted for the halos and they will remain my #1 Al team, although it is admittedly harder each year as the Southern California baseball rivalry continues to grow....regardless the Angels will alway have a place in my heart.

With all that said I recently started working for a law firm that owns a dugout suite at Angel Stadium and as luck would have it I was in the right place at the right time and was invited to attend the angel/ranger game this past Tuesday night. After being handed TWO tickets just shy of 6pm I bolted out the door to surprise Lil TD who was bouncing off the walls when I told her what we were doing. We made a quick pit stop to pick up some things at home and headed to the "Big A"....it will always be that in my mind!

After the grueling 7 minute drive from Tustin....

Took a quick shot in front of the world series trophy the halos earned by beating the hated ones aka giants

Took an elevator down to the suite and started walking down a long hallway where a receptionist eventually greeted us

Another quick shot before getting to our seats

Made a quick left and passed suite #6

We kept walking and to our left saw the indoor batting cage(), where Reggie Willits was getting in a few swings

Finally got to the suite and all I could say was WOW!

A nice comfy couch to watch the game on should the elements outside be too harsh to endure

A nice clean bathroom for the dozen or so fans we sat with....no line, no missing the game!

I was in awe when we finally sat in our seats...Eric Aybar on deck

I'd say we were pretty close to the action

Lil TD chillin next to Vlady!

Scott Boras taking in the game just off to the right of us...not sure who the guy in pink was, but many of the Angel players were acknowledging him while taking their swings while on deck

The suite to out left was empty so Lil TD walked over to say hello and was given a freshly used game ball!

SCORE!!!!!

Maicer Izturis on deck...hat on the left was the one given out Tuesday as part of a promotion

Asides from fishing of course, there is nothing better than spending an evening at the ballpark with your kids....

Gary Matthews in the game after replacing Vlad who injured his knee in the top half of the inning

Napoli at the plate while Aybar waits on deck

Lil TD soaking it all up

Unforunately the halos fell 8-5 to the rangers and the dugout cleared out pretty quickly....we'll gettum next time!

Upon leaving the game we walked out of the stadium to see a large gathering of people standing around a memorial....a tribute to Nick Adenhart. A very sobering reminder of how precious life is and to NEVER drink and drive. Explaining this to my daughter brought a tear to my eye, this left a huge impression on both of us

Opposite view of the picture above...I was very proud of Lauren when she suggested we add our "halo rally sticks" and promotional cap to the memorial

RIP Nick

Thanks for reading....I just wanted to share our evening at the ballpark with you.

See you on the water,

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 07-10-2009 at 09:24 AM.