Quote Originally Posted by fuj View Post
Sweetfish has it partially right. The other part is the amount Lamar is paid. I wouldn't have nearly the issue with Lamar's output if he was getting paid accordingly. For the past six years, LO has been getting superstar money but was anything but a superstar (other than that stupid star he shaved in his skull.) With this new 4 year / $33M contract, he's still getting well above his market value.
LO is getting almost the same money as Ginobli and to a certain extent they are similar players- 6th man, first off the bench. Lamar's previous contract was not really superstar money - Superstar contracts signed at time were $20+ per year, wasn't LO's for $14/per year? He was the best player on the bronze USA team. Ha ha.

LO role is undervalued because his role changes by position- PF or SF and smaller role with the 1st team or running the second unit. He had a great "rebounding" year and his defense is above average.

Versitile bigmen are hard to find and therefor a pricey commodity. I am glad Lamar's agent didn't blow it like Ariza's. Hopefully it will be fun to watch Artest blend in.

Met LO a few times since his Clipper days and he has grown up and is a super nice guy. He didn't even blink when my son took off one of his old smelly(no sock wearing) Vans and asked him to sign it.

Ready 2 Go