Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some help choosing a tube

Dont go on advice alone..........

Look, touch, feel and inspect them in person..

The togiak is a good looking tube. But in my opinion has inferior materials..

Fat Cat & ODC would be my recommendations, Both quality Tubes.

I have the ODC.
    I chose it for a couple of reasons, and am glad I did.
    It has TWO main bladders for safety (MY safety).. LMAO

The Boston Valves are in the pouches. This gives me the ability to inflate or deflate while on the water. This has come in very handy and saved a few days on the water from ending..........

I do prefer the "V" shaped Tubes (instead of the Navigator/pontoon or "U" style) for the stability and extra room in rear to carry stuff.....

My 2 cents..............................

I have a Togiac tube and so far so good. Have had it for a couple months. I have read about the seams ripping. I hope to not experience this. The only thing I can complain about is the seat needs to be adjusted regularly. It could just be me. It too has dual bladders.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bo View Post
    I have a Togiac tube and so far so good. Have had it for a couple months. I have read about the seams ripping. I hope to not experience this. The only thing I can complain about is the seat needs to be adjusted regularly. It could just be me. It too has dual bladders.
    Hey Big Bo what I did to fix the seat on my Togiak was I took the two foam pieces and trimmed (cut) about 1/2" off one end. This allowed the seat to fit in the tube better and I was able to close the pouch alot easier. Keep and eye on the seems behind the back rest...that is where mine tore.

sonarbp

I've had the FC4 LCS and the FC4 Deluxe LCS before. Both great tubes. The deluxe is the way to go, by the way. That inflatable seat is sweeeet.
    Anyone try this puppy yet? (sorry to stray from topic)
    How's $89 sound?

This guy says he likes it better than that $400 outcast prowler tube!

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/393,72987_.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pro2000_specs.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	14352  
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 08-04-2009 at 07:57 AM.

i have a caddis nav II ,paid 130 for it on sale at big five .and im new to the float tube game,but i really enjoy it.

when buying stuff at big 5, be sure to go on www.big5sportinggoods.com and sign up for the 10% thing, its simple just give them your email and they will send you a 10% off coupon. Its not much but, heck its not like paying tax.

Default Float Tube at Castaic Lagoon

I would suggest the fishcat 4 as well. I've had mine for over 5 years. Like the dual bladder for safety reasons (one goes you still have one to stay afloat). Very stable, easily plows through a high wind. Recently lost the filler cap...called Outcast(mfg of fishcat) and they sent me out the whole plug and paid for the shipping all for free. Stand up company! Heard that if you get a hole in the bladder and it's with in the 5 year warranty they will replace no questions asked. I have two rod holders and a fish detector holder on the tube. Can purchase accessories for the tube from www.walmart.com or any of the fishing tackle sites or directly from http://www.outcastboats.com/outcast/...lt.aspx?type=9

ODC 420 or Fish Cat. Forget the rest. These two are the best balance of quality, safety, confortability, and price. The ODC 420 tends to be quite a bit cheaper especially on ebay.

Is the inflatable seat really worth getting a fc4 deluxe?

Could the seat pop or leak?

How big is the odc when it is stored?

What about FC4 deluxe?

BB

Quote Originally Posted by BBfish View Post
    Is the inflatable seat really worth getting a fc4 deluxe?

Could the seat pop or leak?

How big is the odc when it is stored?

What about FC4 deluxe?

BB
    Question 1; If you like being comfortable. Althougth the styrofoam is somewhat pliable, it can feel like sitting on concrete after a while.

Question 2; Not likely, but anything is possible, just like Hell freezing over. (Outcast makes very good stuff)

Question 3; Don't know, never seen one. SORRY!

Question 4; Approx. 28"L x 24"H x 12"D in a Outcast Storage Bag. My Fat Cat (which I modified w/air seats), which has the same dimensions as the FC, is stored in one. It could be thinner (by 4") but I store the styrofoam in the storage bag also so that it doesn't accidentally get thrown out.

LW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast