Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conquest 50 or Core 50?

Default Conquest 50 or Core 50?

I didn't think I was going to be able to afford one of these for a while due to not having money, but got lucky and can finally afford one. Now, which would you choose and why based on experience with either or both of these reels?
    Last edited by bsp; 08-06-2009 at 11:10 PM.

I've felt them, but havven't had a chance to actually test them. It would help to know what you want out of the reel.

I'm going to be spooling it up with 14lb fluorocarbon and using it for pitching jigs and Senkos, T-Rigs, and C-Rigs. Maybe I'll use it to toss Basstrix Paddletails too, but that would be a more minor use. I know line capacity is going to be very low, but bass don't really make runs and short accurate casts generally catch more fish with these techniques anyway. Even though I am shore fishing, I don't need a ton of distance.
    Last edited by bsp; 08-07-2009 at 09:09 AM.

I'd get the core 50mg, but the core is a finesse reel. ALso, like you said, you won't be needing a lot of line and pitching requires a lot of casting; the lightness of the core will help with that!

I have $100 saved up for my Core 50Mg, I'm just going to buy another Cumara first

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    I'd get the core 50mg, but the core is a finesse reel. ALso, like you said, you won't be needing a lot of line and pitching requires a lot of casting; the lightness of the core will help with that!

I have $100 saved up for my Core 50Mg, I'm just going to buy another Cumara first
    which Cumara are you looking for? I still have one that i'm hoping Shimano will let me trade in for the new casting model haha

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    which Cumara are you looking for? I still have one that i'm hoping Shimano will let me trade in for the new casting model haha
    You still have yours? lol. It's tough for me to decide which one. CUCX68M, or CUC68MH.

Quote Originally Posted by HEMAN View Post
    THREAD JACK!!!!! Lol, it's all right man. Gotta sell stuff. You want a Kistler LTA 76HC by any chance?

All right guys, thanks for the help so far. I've tossed the Conquest 50 and that thing is awesome, but haven't run into anybody with a Core 50 yet. The benefit of the Core is that it has a 1yr warranty, but I highly doubt I'll break one of them in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    THREAD JACK!!!!! Lol, it's all right man. Gotta sell stuff. You want a Kistler LTA 76HC by any chance?

All right guys, thanks for the help so far. I've tossed the Conquest 50 and that thing is awesome, but haven't run into anybody with a Core 50 yet. The benefit of the Core is that it has a 1yr warranty, but I highly doubt I'll break one of them in that time.
    haha my bad.. totally didnt think about it . But i am saving up for the Core 50 as well. I have enough saved now, just gotta wait for a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post

Core is lifetime!!! It's a Shimano!

The Conquest 50 is such an amazing piece of machinery, that I feel bad taking it out fishing.

I'm sure the Core50 is a wonderful machine, but after fishing the Conquest, I'd take another Conquest50 over the Core50 any day of the week.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast