Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Shimano Cumara or Phenix Ultra MBX

Default Shimano Cumara or Phenix Ultra MBX

anybody own these two rod? how is the performance on both rod? is there any other lightweight rod out there that has better performance than these two rod? i am thinking about combining one of those two rod with the core.

OOOHHH...I've been pondering this question for a while as well. The Cumara are a bit more sensitive as well as a bit lighter, although Phenix has a sexiness to it that is very appealing as well as being a bit more confortable in the hand.

I'm gonna have to go with the Cumara for performance and because of the Shimano warranty. The Phenix warranty is...well...crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman858 View Post
    anybody own these two rod? how is the performance on both rod? is there any other lightweight rod out there that has better performance than these two rod? i am thinking about combining one of those two rod with the core.
    hmmm steez..?(thats what i would match for my core50)..

If you're going to do bottom contact techniques only, go for Cumara. you can't beat the sensitivity especially for the price. I've fished both, my custom is actually being made with a Phenix blank.

Either way, you can't go wrong.

i my cumara haha