Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clicking Cumara

I am not too hot on the Powell rods. I bought one from tackle warehouse in a bind. I needed a new rod and didn't have a ton of money at the moment. Anyway, got a 6'8" Medium, Fast Action rod. Says to fish senkos, shakeyhead,.... Rod is NOT very light, and I don't like the cork at the grip. I have fairly small hands and it doesn't give a good feel. I've heard a lot of raving about these rods, but they're just ok to me. A GL3 is much lighter and more sensitive.

try a kistler TJ... havent heard anything bad about them... only good thing about shimano is over the counter replacement... maybe try a clarus.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    try a kistler TJ... havent heard anything bad about them... only good thing about shimano is over the counter replacement... maybe try a clarus.
    "only good thing about shimano is over the counter replacement" really? Aren't daiwa and shimano the top 2 brands? I know it's your opinion, but just saying...

also.. going from a Cumara to a Clarus just aint right.. hehe

Sam suggest I get this blank rewrapped.
    Maybe I'll risk it and make it my first wrap victim.
    Not bad action at all really. Dig the groovy stealth grip too. Wouldn't mind some beefy wraps on a custom set of guides or something but being so new to wrapping I'll have to ask for help. Then I'd probably break it right after and not be able to get it warranted. lol

I haven't even wrote home to shimano about it yet. Can't decide if I'm gonna walk it in somewhere or send an email. The subject still kinda bugs me.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 08-18-2009 at 06:56 PM.

Hey if you want to lay down $300 I suggest you get a Dobyns Champion Extreme! I'm getting the DX 702C soon, and sitting on top of it will be the Core 50mg!

MUST WORK EXTRA SHIFTS!@

Default rods

Should have just bought a g loomis rod.

Quote Originally Posted by a biley View Post
    Hey if you want to lay down $300 I suggest you get a Dobyns Champion Extreme! I'm getting the DX 702C soon, and sitting on top of it will be the Core 50mg!

MUST WORK EXTRA SHIFTS!@
    Those are some sweet rods. I like the mini guides on them. I got the 51MG a few wks back, just need to pair it with something. For now it's on my Powell 702. I'm not sure yet but probably a Cumara....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12