Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gloomis or Shimano Rods

Quote Originally Posted by calico killer kevin View Post
    Ignorance?....
    Maybe so in your opinion but it's a preferrence thing. I never said Loomis is bad. Look at most of the new rods that came out, most have new designs.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Stick the grip/rod in a lathe and split it, then polish and flexcoat the exposed blank with some spiffy wraps?
    I saw that a guy on TT did that. But after doing that, will Loomis still warrant the rod?????

Quote Originally Posted by fish4keep View Post

I saw that a guy on TT did that. But after doing that, will Loomis still warrant the rod?????

yes. Loomis will warranty there blanks, not the wrap

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Thanks for all the input guys. I decided to go with the GL3 and in comparing it to the cumara it just felt like better quality, the cumaras were a bit lighter because of the split grip but the loomis finish and guides look like they would be more durable. By the way if anyone wants to buy the cumara casting you can get a sweet deal right now for $120 brand new. That's only 20 bucks more than say a Clarus rod at sports authority which is two steps down from cumaras.
    $120? If that's the case i'll pick one up right now. I have a feeling that you're talking about a crucial rod.

Maybe so in your opinion but it's a preferrence thing. I never said Loomis is bad. Look at most of the new rods that came out, most have new designs.

Actually, I wasn't quoting you. I called WBD out for trying to mislead the original poster. I completely agree with you. G.Loomis is trying to hard to stay with the tradition and not putting out new designs which is why I still recommend the blank.

I do not believe that Loomis will still warranty the rod if you modify it. Maybe they will, but I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
    yes. Loomis will warranty there blanks, not the wrap
    I know Loomis will warrant the blank if you buy the blank and wrap it yourself but if you bought a "factory" wrap rod and modify it, will Loomis warrant the rod afterward??????? Best thing to do is call Loomis service I guess.....

I know Loomis will warrant the blank if you buy the blank and wrap it yourself but if you bought a "factory" wrap rod and modify it, will Loomis warrant the rod afterward??????? Best thing to do is call Loomis service I guess.....

Yes you'll be fine.

Another alternative is to go with a Rouge blank. The owner of Rouge is Gary Loomis's brother

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12