Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: braid line

Default braid line

has anybody use braid line on plastic? (flyline a senko) what are the chances of hooking the fish?

I use it all the time, 20lb spider wire with 8-12lb fluor top shot about 10 yrds. Casts great super sensitive feel just use a little softer tipped rod so yo dont pull the fishes eyes out of there head..

I use braid for dang near everything, but for most applications I also use a topshot from 5-30ft. In the case of a senko, I usually fish a 5ft 12-14lb fluoro leader.

I believe than any line will work fine for senkos because to me, they're not really a "tight line" technique like the dropshot. Sensitivity is not really an issue with this type of fishing. This is because I always fish them on the drop. I just need a rod that has the backbone for a crushing hookset and the line that can handle it.

I wouldn't worry too much when fishing a senko. Don't overthink it. Just flyline and watch your line. Large majority of my bites are on the initial or second drop.

Got this lil guy today using a baitcaster with 50-55lb Daiwa Samurai braid and a flyline Senko.
    Worked fine. Also had 6' of Ande 12lb leader on there.