Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: matching the shad!!

Default matching the shad!!

it was my b - day yesterday and i got a hundred bucks to bass pro and i was wondering if i should invest in some underspins for the shad crazy bass. right now im limited on rods and the lighest one i have is my shimano compre casting rod set up with my curado 200e7. the lightest the rod throws is 3/8 of an ounce. so i was also wondering if i even have the right rod for them. also if you have any other suggestions on lures that work when the bass are keyed into shad let me know. i really appreciate the help.

umm.... spinnerbaits (double willow leaf), bbz shad, chatter baits.

Ummm... If they're that keyed in on shad, you might have some tough fishing ahead of you. I've seen schools of bass pass up my jerkbait in pursuit of live baitfish. It's tough to beat the real thing that's for sure. Some can be fooled, though. Lunker City's Fin-S fish, Lucky Craft Pointer 78 and 78DD, and dropshotting or wacky rigging a Robo Hologram Shad has been my more productive baits. For early mornings with little or no surface chop, I like throwing a Lucky Craft S8 popper, a Lucky Craft Sammy, or a white 1/4oz. buzzbait.

If they're boiling, BBZ Shad floater(regular or 3"), LC Sammies, Buzzbaits, even BBZ-1 floaters will kill larger stripers and bass even now(boils only though). Not really sure exactly what Bass Pro carries, topwater is always killer when they're shadding on top.

As for the rod, I usually only use underspins over 1/4 oz targeting deeper shadding bass, so your Compre should be just fine. Starting at 3/8? is it a cranking rod? If so it doesn't have the ideal action, but it'll fare you fine.

If it were up to me, I'd throw in a few bucks and get another setup.

get underspins buy like 10 of them in blue that and some scronger heads.

God BLess

basscatcher