Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dodgers get Jim Thome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Should I make you two room reservations or just start a thread for the both of you to discuss "things"

TD
    No thank you.

I just wanted a level headed (thinks with his head, not so much as his heart)
    opinion on the trade. And DS seems to be one of those few people on here....

Stats:

Jim Thome, designated hitter

Nickname: The Thomenator ( I've never heard this one)

Bats: Left.

First game: Sept. 4, 1991, with the Cleveland Indians.

Contract status: In final year of six-year, $85-million deal he signed with Philadelphia before the 2003 season.

Thome is a five-time All Star who has played for the Indians, Philadelphia Phillies and Chicago White Sox.

Strength: Power. He ranks 12th all-time with 564 home runs (through Aug. 31).

Weakness: Can't play the field any more. Has a career .239 average (.432 slugging percentage) against left-handed pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by socalguy7 View Post
    no thank you.

opinion on the trade. And ds seems to be one of those few people on here....:lol:

Stats:

jim thome, designated hitter

nickname: the thomenator ( i've never heard this one)

bats: left.

first game: sept. 4, 1991, with the cleveland indians.

contract status: in final year of six-year, $85-million deal he signed with philadelphia before the 2003 season.

Thome is a five-time all star who has played for the indians, philadelphia phillies and chicago white sox.

strength: power. He ranks 12th all-time with 564 home runs (through aug. 31).

weakness: can't play the field any more. Has a career .239 average (.432 slugging percentage) against left-handed pitchers.
    still funny

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGuy7 View Post
    No thank you.

opinion on the trade. And DS seems to be one of those few people on here....

When I pull up stats you'll say "how long did you search the net for that info" and then when I give in opinion you pull the "cheerleader" or the "you think with your heart" card....there is no winning either way. With that said I am convinced you are either a woman or related to my ex

TD

When I pull up stats you'll say "how long did you search the net for that info" and then when I give in opinion you pull the "cheerleader" or the "you think with your heart" card....there is no winning either way. With that said I am convinced you are either a woman or related to my ex

TD
    I am your ex, but you were the woman in the relationship....honey....

DS is less of a homer than you are! There is a compliment in there somewhere for both of you....

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGuy7 View Post
    I am your ex, but you were the woman in the relationship....honey....

DS is less of a homer than you are! There is a compliment in there somewhere for both of you....

SCG considering I have never been to prison, I believe you have me confused with someone else....

BTW I would rather be called a homer and stay true to my team than be a bandwagon 9er fan!

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 09-04-2009 at 05:40 PM.

SCG considering I have never been to prison, I believe you have me confused with someone else....

BTW I would rather be called a homer and stay true to my team than be a bandwagon 9er fan!

TD
    thats my name :HOMETOWN:

TD

Maybe, I do, she was a lambs fan though...

Bandwagon....me....NO! (Stop slandering me)

Stop hating on the team that regularly kicks the lame lambs butts...

Back to Thome, after I threw up seeing Jim in his doyer uniform...He had a nice 300 ft single (on which the rest of the powerful doyers could not cash in)
    Last edited by SoCalGuy7; 09-05-2009 at 05:19 AM.

And if the bengals woulda beat the 9ers you would be wearing striped speedoes instead of red n gold ones....

I guess the burning question is will the hapless white sox finish above or below the .500 mark, go Royals!

TD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123