Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: where's all the big bass?

Default where's all the big bass?

What water depth should I be fishing right now for the larger bass? I've been fishing in the coves and only getting the tiny tiny bass that are the length of my roboworms....

20-50'

i would try throwing the big top waters also.....

good luck!

i agree....fish deeper. DVL bass seem to like the deeper water. Fish near the dams and deep structure off the points. Remember...fish slow. I even dead stick sometimes.

Good luck!

If I were drop shotting, how high up above the weight should my hook be when fishing in the 40-50 ft deep areas?

really depends what bottom structure you are fishing....

at dvl, anywhere from 15-40ft, i have fished about 12-16" off the bottom with success

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 240 View Post
    If I were drop shotting, how high up above the weight should my hook be when fishing in the 40-50 ft deep areas?

Being that far down ... I'd stick with an 18-24" lead between the d/s weight and the worm ... remember - hooking-up any bass deeper than that and don't forget to "fizz" em take a look @ the post "chunky girl" in the DVL section ... I got her yesterday in only 2-feet of water ... 1/4 oz spinner ... they're EVERYWHERE!!!!!!