Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Rams news Troutdog

Default Rams news Troutdog

Rush Limbaugh reportedly is making a bid to buy the NFL team.

ST. LOUIS (Oct. 6) - The lowly Rams have someone who loves them. Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh said Tuesday he is teaming up with St. Louis Blues owner Dave Checketts in a bid to buy the Rams, owners of the NFL's longest losing streak at 14 and just 5-31 since 2007.
    In a statement, Limbaugh declined to discuss details, citing a confidentiality agreement with Goldman Sachs, the investment firm hired by the family of former Rams owner Georgia Frontiere to review assets of her estate, including the NFL team.
    Limbaugh also declined to discuss other partners that might be involved in the bid, but said he and Checketts would operate the team.

Forbes magazine has estimated the Rams franchise has a value of $929 million.
    Frontiere's children, Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez, inherited 60 percent of the Rams when their mother died in January 2008. Billionaire Stan Kroenke of Columbia, Mo., owns the remaining 40 percent. It wasn't clear if the Limbaugh/Checketts bid was for 100 percent of the Rams or just the share owned by Rosenbloom and Rodriguez.
    "Our strategic review of our ownership of the Rams continues," Rosenbloom said in a statement released late Monday. "We will make an announcement upon the completion of the process."
    Last edited by Troutman65; 10-06-2009 at 12:51 PM.

If this goes through, there goes the Ram's chances of having a black quarterback in the near future!

;-)

(Yes, I went there)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    If this goes through, there goes the Ram's chances of having a black quarterback in the near future!

;-)

(Yes, I went there)

Why do you say that DS?

Quote Originally Posted by Troutman65 View Post
    Why do you say that DS?
    Uhhhh....

here's a hint:

http://espn.go.com/gen/news/2003/1001/1628537.html

How about

Quote Originally Posted by RushLimbaugh
    "Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it ."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Uhhhh....

here's a hint:

http://espn.go.com/gen/news/2003/1001/1628537.html

How about

I did not hear about that DS. Thanks for posting up.

Maybe this prevent him from buying the Rams

At least the Rams will be playing through painful injuries as they know exactly where to get the Oxycontin from!

(These things just write themselves, itellyouwhat)

Rush is the biggest Drug addict/Racist/ Hypocrit alive this guy is a ****** idiot, i can't Belive he has that kind of money to buy a franchise. He's Probably getting fat payouts from other racist Republican Politicians that he backs so much. I f uckin hate this guy with the passion

This would be almost as bad as having Al Davis own the team

TD