Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DODGERS v phillies

Am I the only one here that is NOT surprised on how this series is going?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGuy7 View Post
    Am I the only one here that is NOT surprised on how this series is going?
    Your crystal ball called the 9th lastnight huh?

TD

Better to be losing in the POSTSEASON, than playing golf in October....like the White Sox perhaps?

i was going to post last night but was to sick in my stumick.i woke up this morning hoping it was a bad dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    i was going to post last night but was to sick in my stumick.i woke up this morning hoping it was a bad dream.
    NOPE not a dream buddy just the cold hearted real world

Quote Originally Posted by The Angler View Post
    NOPE not a dream buddy just the cold hearted real world
    I know you are trying to be funny, but kickin a dude while he's down is not good karma bro...just sayin.

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    I know you are trying to be funny, but kickin a dude while he's down is not good karma bro...just sayin.

TD

I wanna say, "Typical of a Yankee fan", but Ive had the pleasure of taking a trip to NY a couple years ago....jumping on the subway to a Yankee game in the Bronx, and not ONE of them were disrespectful or ignorant about baseball. What IS sad is the unbelievably outrageous ignorance and disrespect for the game that many who CLAIM to be fans, show on the internet, and many times in person. My how easy is it to laugh and puff your chest out at an opposing fan......when you know darn well you are in the wrong, yet you are concealed behind your keyboard.

Take it with a grain of salt I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by baadfish69 View Post
    I wanna say, "Typical of a Yankee fan", but Ive had the pleasure of taking a trip to NY a couple years ago....jumping on the subway to a Yankee game in the Bronx, and not ONE of them were disrespectful or ignorant about baseball. What IS sad is the unbelievably outrageous ignorance and disrespect for the game that many who CLAIM to be fans, show on the internet, and many times in person. My how easy is it to laugh and puff your chest out at an opposing fan......when you know darn well you are in the wrong, yet you are concealed behind your keyboard.

Take it with a grain of salt I guess....
    You also have to consider that 99.9999999999% of Yankees "fans" in So Cal are just band wagoneers whose lives are so pathetic they can only feel any kind of success by claiming themselves to a team that is based 3000 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by wellbilldancesays View Post
    You also have to consider that 99.9999999999% of Yankees "fans" in So Cal are just band wagoneers whose lives are so pathetic they can only feel any kind of success by claiming themselves to a team that is based 3000 miles away.
    I cannot tell you how many times I have found out one of my friends was a yankee fan and then asked...."wait don't tell me you're a Dallas cowboy or 9er fan too right?" and the answer is almost always "how did you know?"

I am admittedly a homer to the core, the lone exception being I am still a Rams fan...I grew up one as a kid, met some of the players and just could not really see jumping on another team's back eventhough ownership turned their backs on LA. If and when LA gets an NFL franchise I will undoubtedly support them as well.

On a side note this is lovely....fricken Manny (sigh)
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 10-21-2009 at 09:12 AM.

TD I read that about Manny. "That's just Manny being Manny" phrase isnt so funny anymore.

Next year is going to be interesting for the Dodgers. I just cant see anything good happening with the owners split and I think Manny's just going to be collecting a paycheck.

On a side note and trying to stay postive neither the Dodgers or Angels are out of it and bigger deficits have been overcome before!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast