Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 0.2 lbs off Lake Record! Won Striper raffle

You should of threw in its belly a 3oz torpedo weight! haha!

What the heck? First you take trophy sized lmb and now you take trophy size gills? whats next? haha

congrats on the catch

Thanks guys, its a monster for sure. What's the world record, anyone know? I can't imagine a bluegil getting much bigger. My real trophys are salt water fish. 09' was a great year. 64 lb WSB, 42 lb halibut, and a 500-600 lb Black sea bass, yes 500-600 lbs! I'll have to post some pics in the salt water section, those are my real pride and joy fish!!!

Great fish SA.

My buddy caught a redear like that one last year at DVL that weighed 2 pounds and I thought that was a toad....good grief that thing looks freaky.
    Post the pics of the saltwaters in the photo section, I'd like to see them.

Brent

Default kill the gills

NICE BLUEGILL I WAS HOPING TO SEE ANOTHER BIG DEAD STRIPER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

You and me both T/O, gotta love DVL, just never know what your gonna catch!

yep that is a pig redear (shellcracker in Georgia). that was the catch of a lifetime...

Hey SA... That is not a Bluegill. It's a Redear Sunfish and a real trophy at that! You might check on what the lake record is for that species. I thought it was an even 3 pounds. What was the length on that fish? Also, if you are going to get it mounted and you have the fish, do yourself a big favor and have a mold made from it for a quality fiberglass replica. Don't have a "skin mount" made. I am not taking in any fish right now, but if you PM me, I will give you the names/numbers of a couple of really good fish taxidermists that do awesome work. (Not as good as me though!..LOL!)

I stand corrected. Red ear sun fish it is.world record is 5lbs 7oz wow....

congrats on the striper raffle and that killer gill.also ill keep an eye out for your other post of huge black seabass and hali.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast