Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dam breaks at Mojave Narrows Regional Park

Default Dam breaks at Mojave Narrows Regional Park

Dam breaks at Mojave Narrows Regional Park

January 20, 2010 11:30 AM
    NATASHA LINDSTROM Staff Writer
    VICTORVILLE • The dam that holds Horseshoe Lake at Mojave Narrows Regional Park has been breached, draining the lake by about seven feet, officials said Wednesday morning.

“We’re evaluating the damage,” said David Zook, chief of staff for 1st District Supervisor Brad Mitzelfelt. “The water’s still flowing through there.”

The water from Horseshoe Lake is draining into the Mojave River, Zook said, but no people or properties seem to be in danger.

I just logged on to cut/paste the same article...

I hope they notified the 8 people that live in the area.

Dang!!!! Again?

Well that sucks. But we did get a lot of rain up here. Oh well, I fish Pelican anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I hope they notified the 8 people that live in the area.
    Really? All 8 of us..

I guess I reckon Ise gonna go down to da barn a let pa know the damn broke...

Tons of people live by the Narrows and to live in Spring Valley you have to have money. Matter of fact Victorville is the fastest growing city of the decade in California. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you start shootin off your mouth, here is a link for you so you can read about it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorville,_California

Anyways back to the subject...

I went over there this morning to see what the hell was going on and the place was closed until tomorrow. From the gate I could see "Horseshoe" and it looked fine but that doesn't mean anything. As soon as I can get in there I will post a report..
    Last edited by AngryAgent; 01-20-2010 at 05:07 PM.

I sensed a bit of sarcasim above, but please do not use Wiki as a source, I know it's easy to search, but the site is not about facts, it's about whatever people want to post and only fact checked by the posters.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAgent View Post
    Tons of people live by the Narrows and to live in Spring Valley you have to have money. Matter of fact Victorville is the fastest growing city of the decade in California.
    Fun stuff right there...... You want to know why Victorville is growing so fast? That is where the state is moving all the section 8 people.

Quote Originally Posted by sonarbp View Post
    Fun stuff right there...... You want to know why Victorville is growing so fast? That is where the state is moving all the section 8 people.
    That's not all....

Looks like they should have been shoring up the dam at Horsehoe instead of constantly messing around with the backhoe at Pelican scooping up the silt or whatever they were doing...you gotta love that when your'e trying to fish and heavy machinery is digging the lake up...oh well I still love the narrows

Last edited by tenderloin; 01-20-2010 at 05:23 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast