Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Angler's Lake in Hemet Reopening?

Default Is Angler's Lake in Hemet Reopening?

I heard it may be reopening after shutting down a couple years ago...anybody heard anything about this? Thanks

yes,valley wide rec. is taking it over.not sure when its going to be open,but they have dredged and installed some habitat. info straight from the horses mouth.

thanks for that info Jensen...I was bummed when they closed the place.

Tacklejunkie would be excited if they reopened it... he used to fish there all the time

Quote Originally Posted by JENSEN500 View Post
    yes,valley wide rec. is taking it over.not sure when its going to be open,but they have dredged and installed some habitat. info straight from the horses mouth.
    i heard if from the same horse...but i was a little different... i was told that if it does re open valley wide would run it. and it was not a done deal... but i have not talked to that horse in a couple months. i sure hope so, i have fished that like i entire life and i an 43

Quote Originally Posted by pwynn View Post
    i heard if from the same horse...but i was a little different... i was told that if it does re open valley wide would run it. and it was not a done deal... but i have not talked to that horse in a couple months. i sure hope so, i have fished that like i entire life and i an 43
    Time will only tell.Red tape and money always screws up a good plan.

if they reopen will they stock with bass? how does it work

My grandpa used to take me there as a kid. The trout fishing on mini jigs was off the hook whenever we went. This is where I learned how to fish jigs... Heard there was decent bass and cats also. Never tried though..

Been wondering about the same thing. Why did the lake close in the first place? The big fish pot was always fun to enter on Saturdays during the trout season. Me and my friends won it a few times. A little extra cash to take home was nice.

yeah me too...I remember when there was a swimming hole there too...this was in the late 70's. That was my and my dad's go-to spot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast