Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 1/23/10 We Absolutely KILLED-Em today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 1/23/10 We Absolutely KILLED-Em today

About 10:00 this morning The wife wanted to go shopping so me and my 2 year old daughter and a buddy decided to hit up DVL to see if the storm sirred up the big boys. I was fishing my usual technique with little success untill about 2:30 when i decided to try alittle deeper, about 40-50'. Instead of the let it sit and burn trick i slow rolled the baits on the bottom and that was the trick! Landed serveral DD's with one 13.4 on the scale.... Some of you will call Bull sh*t on this but ohhhhh wellllll>>>> I hooked and had at boat side a LMB that was VERY close to 20lbs! Ive caught many, many DD'd and this bad boy made a 10lbr look like a 1lbr! I thought i had a huge striper on untill color but was wondering why i didnt get the usual spinning/ rolling that the stripers will do. I damn near fell out of the boat when i saw this beast... It looked like a damn black seabass. The fish are very lathargic right now so moving the baits slow was the trick... I sure wish the lake closed later then 4pm, I would of stayed all night. Even though i didnt get into the stripers today i would consider this my best day yet at DVL. I was wondering just how big the biggest LMB was in the lake and now i know. I wouldnt doubt if we see a 20lbr before winters end, Hopefully on one of my posts....
    I only have some cell phone pics of the days larger fish but i have to email them and post... Get some up soon.

More coming
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00058.jpg 
Views:	1279 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	20248   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00060.jpg 
Views:	1175 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	20249   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00062.jpg 
Views:	1257 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	20250   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00064.jpg 
Views:	1132 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	20251   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00067.jpg 
Views:	1215 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	20252  

Last edited by SEA ADDICTION; 01-23-2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: pics