Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ponds at Ford Park in Redlands

Default Ponds at Ford Park in Redlands

I'm trying to put together a group to "adopt" and rehabilitate the two little ponds at Ford Park in Redlands. I have done a search of postings on FNN and picked up some anecdotal information about the ponds' past, but if anyone has any photos or other insights that we could use in our "pitch," please drop me a line and I'll contact you. The goal is to bring the ponds up to their potential for instructional fishing seminars and youth fishing opportunites.
    One interesting note about those ponds: Bass Fishing Pro and Redlands resident, Brent Ehrler, has won 5 FLW tour events including the 2006 Championship at Logan Martin Lake, the Lake Havasu FLW event in 2009 and the 2010 FLW tour events at Table Rock Lake and Lake Shasta. Overall he has earned almost $1.5 million on the FLW tour. Brent grew up in Redlands and his first fishing experiences were at the ponds in Ford Park. He has already volunteered to help the project. The ponds that spawned a millionaire fisherman!!

2. Default

I would be down with that. I have fished the ponds, many times, with pretty crummy results, haha. Too many people, too few fish, and zero maintenance. Keep me updated :)

Thanks Dude! I walked the perimeters of both ponds last week mid-morning and the ponds are loaded with small bass and stunted bluegill. A little more depth and a lot more cover and it could be a nice little spot for C&R. It's never going to rival DVL, but it could be a great place to take kids!

That's a great idea! That's where I walk my dog and fly fish for bluegill and small bass. Send me a pm if you need help and I can provide you with signage if needed. I live 5 minutes from the lake.

I used to fish there when I was a kid, I grew up in Redlands. My buddy and I would ride our bikes over there and get some rock candy at Griswold's and then head over to the park to do some fishing. Its been almost 20 years since ive been there. I was wondering what ever happened to Ford Park because you never hear anything about it on FNN. I remember seeing the older guys catching pretty nice sized catfish back then. Itd be nice to see those 2 ponds brought back up to par. Keep us FNNers updated on ways we can help out!

TaperSteve

If you need a biologist, let me know. I would be more than happy to volunteer my services.

Place is just super weedy. Surprisingly clear water for so many weeds. Too many people keep bass if they catch them. You got to watch out for frisbees tho. A lot of people are there to frisbee golf. Still a great place for kids to catch bluegill.
    Last edited by Mrborohachi; 05-24-2010 at 03:39 PM.

I've fished that park many times, but rarely with success. I'd love to help in any way I can. It definitely has potential.

Im down ya hard, hit me up yee

Default Ford

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThymetal View Post
    Im down ya hard, hit me up yee
    Icaught a 2 lb. Pacu out of there once. It almost broke my rod in two.People throw all there pet fish in there when they outgrow their aquariums.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast