Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ponds at Ford Park in Redlands

Good job Bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TS

I've been following this great thread and like how its progressing. Good luck and keep us updated.

brian

hey whats up did u get my e-mail?

Any recent updates on the project?

I've been fishing these ponds a bit in the last month. There are plenty of bluegill and bass in there. The bluegill are fun and easy to catch. The bass, on the other hand, are a different story. I'm sure a lot of it can be attributed to my lack of skills, but I cannot get those things to bite on anything! Don't let this discourage anyone though... Two days ago I saw a lady catch by far the biggest bass I've seen in those ponds. The sucker must have been around 4-5 lbs . Sounded like she wanted to keep it, but thankfully her husband dropped it when he took it off the hook.

I'm excited about these ponds being cleaned up. I'm willing to help in any way possible!

Hi Everyone!! Sorry for the delay but I was hoping to shake some preliminary grant money lose from either Fish America Foundation or CalDFG. Looks like we're going to have to do this local. I had a meeting with the 77 year old grandson of the man who created Ford Park and he's extremely enthusiastic. I'll be enlisting help from the Redlands Rotary Clubs on Wednesday morning. Could you please drop me a note on my regular e-mail so I make easier contact with those who would like to help.
    McAttorney@aol.com
    Barrett McInerney

GREAT NEWS!!! The reconstruction of the ponds at Ford Park is underway!!

After pitching this project for over five years, I finally attracted the interest of Fred Ford, the grandson of Ford Park's namesake, who convinced the two Rotary Clubs in Redlands to take the initiative on the ponds. Last week the lower pond was drained and so that the soil can dry out for dredging and re-contouring the bottom and banks. Once the lower pond is completed, it will be re-filled, re-stocked and the process will move to the upper pond. Here is the newspaper article:

http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/li...ands-completes

If you are interested in assisting in the process, contact Mr. Ford at: fredbarbf@earthlink.net

This is awesome....I learned to fish at Ford park, and now I take my kids fishing there. It has been in desperate need of some TLC for years. Thank you for stepping up and organizing this for our community.

Back in the mid 80s that place was great.Small channel cats and bgs galore in that lower pond.Giant tadpoles and frogs all over also.You dont see that there anymore. Hope all the effort helps there.

That would be great! I took my gf there a few months ago and people were still fishing it, now it's completely torn up n drained...

If you catch anything now it may be micro gills or bass

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123