So im having a fun morning walking around the area 3 lake, catching a few bass, concentrating primarily on fishing the reeds as im watching small bass darting out from the reeds chasing baitfish, and hanging tight to the reeds-a few of the bigger bass just sitting still. I change to flylining a plastic swimbait and flip it into a pocket within the reeds and see my swimbait being stalked by something. As it came a little closer, im still staring at the shadow thats following close behind my lure and think: "hmm.. thats definitely not a bass.. or a bluegill, crappie, or catfish.. and i know thats definitely not a trout either..." As i reeled in a little closer (by this time my baits only about 5 - 7 ft from shore in front of me) the shadow lost interest in my swimbait and turned to swim back into the reeds, this is when i realized what kind of fish it was: it was a gar. When it turned, the distinct long nose and sleek body of the fish was a dead giveaway. It was about 1 1/2 - 2 ft long. I sat and watched the gar for about 5 more minutes as it patrolled the reeds, chasing bass out of their hiding spots until i lost sight of it and it disappeared. Anyways... just remember that you heard it from me here first about the gar in el dorado lake (just like before when i was first to report the gar in alondra :P)