Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Echo Park Lake Sat (10/02/10) morning

Default Echo Park Lake Sat (10/02/10) morning

After reading Mr. CL's recent posts, I decided to checkout Echo Park Lake. Fished it for couple of hours and was able to hook this little guy, it was worth the trip. I think I'll go back as much as I can before they close down the park.

Nice little skunk beater.

Default close down the park?

what you mean close down like your not gonna be able to fish it anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyLisa View Post
    what you mean close down like your not gonna be able to fish it anymore?
    not the entire park but just the lake. a lake rehab project is to beginning on january 2011. the lake is going to be drained and gated. the word is once the rehabilitation is finished there will be no fishing allowed on echo park lake.

check out this thread
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...-Rehab-Project
    Last edited by stressD; 10-02-2010 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stressD View Post
    not the entire park but just the lake. a lake rehab project is to beginning on january 2011. the lake is going to be drained and gated. the word is once the rehabilitation is finished there will be no fishing allowed on echo park lake.

check out this thread
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...-Rehab-Project
    That place would call for some epic Ninja fishing then.

Bigtime Ninja Mission !!!!!! What Sucks is there not putting the fish back after draining it in JAN . lETS DO A GHETTO NINJA TOURNEY.

Default It's not to late to save echo park!

It's not to late to make your voice heard on the closing of echo park lake. I am a long time bass fisherman of echo park lake I have fished this lake for more than 15 years. The propostion o project is in it's EIR draft stage and the final EIR should be submited in a few months. There is no were in the report were money will be alocated to restore echo park lake back to a fishing lake. It is historicality known as a fishing lake and it should be restored back to a fishing lake. I have asked fellow bass fisherman to join together form all over to forum a support group to protect our fisheries and rights as fisherman in california. There is alot more to this propostion O that will effect many more of our fishing grounds unless all bass fisherman join an make a change. Remember that the children will inhrent our fishing grounds. If you have any question please feel free to PM me.