Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 01-13-2011 Fishing at DVL

Quote Originally Posted by FrazeIb1 View Post
    There are two ways to let the air out of the LMB bladder when you catch them in deep water. You can needle the fish (1) go in through the back of the throat or (2) from the side of the fish. When you catch a bass in deep water and reel them up the pressure changes in the water and inside the fish causing them to have an air pocket inside their bladder. If you tried to release a fish in this condition the fish would float and more than likely die. My next post I will make a video showing how to conduct needling properly.
    Thanks, I look forward to seeing it.

Do you drive a Nitro? If so, props to you. I can still recall a day at DVL when everyone was blowing me off the water a similar looking guy to yourself who was fishing nearby. When he decided to move the guy (maybe yourself) me a wide birth, slowly exited the vicinity, and didnt start adding acceleration until he was a safe distance away. That always stuck in my head as a textbook way to look out for fellow angler.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Do you drive a Nitro? If so, props to you. I can still recall a day at DVL when everyone was blowing me off the water a similar looking guy to yourself who was fishing nearby. When he decided to move the guy (maybe yourself) me a wide birth, slowly exited the vicinity, and didnt start adding acceleration until he was a safe distance away. That always stuck in my head as a textbook way to look out for fellow angler.
    Yes I do have a Nitro......I try to always respect another fisherman's water. With that being said, I don't know if I was the guy that particular day. But I always like to enter slowly and leave slowly especially where there are other people in the area. Don't feel bad there is alot of fisherman who without thinking speed in and out of areas trying to get to the next spot before the other guy. That's just the nature of the beast.

Once again, great report Fraze. Sounds like you're always having fun. Thanks for the info, keep it up. I want to get out there, but may be 2 or 3 weeks. It's a big lake, plenty of room for everyone, even on 'crowded' days. I will have my DS rig ready.

Thanks for the report....

Nice winter fish.....

yea buddy nice bass

I was out there on the 13th as well. My report is the exact same as yours. Saw three large schools of what I imagine are striper because they were in 80 feet suspended over 100 and my lowrance hds was lit up like I have never seen. Nothing on the ice jigs. Changed over to the same technique as you and landed 6 fish for the day all between 2-3 lbs and 1 4lbr which was my first fish. None of my fish needed neadling and all swam away without bloating. They came up slowely for me.

Quote Originally Posted by FrazeIb1 View Post
    Yes I do have a Nitro......I try to always respect another fisherman's water. With that being said, I don't know if I was the guy that particular day. But I always like to enter slowly and leave slowly especially where there are other people in the area. Don't feel bad there is alot of fisherman who without thinking speed in and out of areas trying to get to the next spot before the other guy. That's just the nature of the beast.
    DVL is going downhill for anglers. There was about 10 boats on take that day. I went to my first two spots and had them all to myself and it was quit. On the first spot a rental boat with two white guys in it came up next me and trolled over my hump within 10 feet from my boat (no exagerration). I let it slide, then they made three more passes within a few feet of my marker bouy directly over where my drop shot was lying and still only 10 feet away. We had enough of those yahoos and moved to a saddle that is back with the water rise I always have luck on. Sure enough here come the yahoos again. I tried to take a photo but they only made one pass this time still in casting distance of me. Then right after them a ski boat came up with three white guys on it and trolled in between me and the shore where I was casting which was about a 30 foot distance. What the heck are people thinking? How do we stop this?

nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by KingShad View Post
    I was out there on the 13th as well. My report is the exact same as yours. Saw three large schools of what I imagine are striper because they were in 80 feet suspended over 100 and my lowrance hds was lit up like I have never seen. Nothing on the ice jigs. Changed over to the same technique as you and landed 6 fish for the day all between 2-3 lbs and 1 4lbr which was my first fish. None of my fish needed neadling and all swam away without bloating. They came up slowely for me.
    Yeah, I think the first shcool of fish that I saw on my LX-125 were striper too. I'm going to try a different technique next time just to see if I can get them to bite. Once you get one fish to respond usually the rest of the scholl will want to get in on the action too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast