Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 01-13-2011 Fishing at DVL

seriously Fraze...you need to get on that instruction video of needling fish. My girl and i went out Saturday and caught 2 back to back in about 60'. they were all bugged out and i didnt have a needle so we tossed them in the livewell and took off for the marina store. well as it turns out, they dont sell them anymore. luckily an angler came in while we were at the dock and i asked him if he had one. he did and i ended up buying it off him right there. we had to ask several people working the dock and different anglers if they knew how to do it. nobody did. then the DFG guy showed up and helped us out with the first one. when i grabbed the second (under 15") he about had a kitten. he started lecturing me on keeping an undersize fish. he said i was lucky he didnt catch me on the lake with it in my livewell and explained the fines. i explained i was just trying to save the fish's life, but i got the feeling he didnt believe me. i was in disbelief, but anyway...if i knew how to do it proper, i wouldnt of even had to ask or put it in the livewell and seach the lake for a "Fish EMT"

thats ridiculous! its one thing to try to walk up the ramp with the undersize fish and another to deliberately ask the DFG warden how to pop a fish!

haha im the 2nd suv in front of you with a boat.. it was slow for us too.. one follow up each.. saw some monster carp.. dam carp jumps also..

nice fish and nice report, i dont find myself reading them much these days but this was quite an enjoyable read.

Quote Originally Posted by viking172 View Post
    nice fish and nice report, i dont find myself reading them much these days but this was quite an enjoyable read.
    Viking,

Glad you liked the report. I try and give out info which is going to help other fellow anglers be successful fishing at DVL. Alot of people think there isn't any fish to be caught at DVL. With a little determination and know how everyone can catch fish at DVL. I also like to keep my post positive and honest.
    Last edited by FrazeIb1; 01-19-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234