Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To Kill Or Not To Kill (Stripers): That is the question????????

This is a GREAT informational thread...no negative comments here. I believe that all stripers can be taken for food. No reason to release. I also agree that there is absolutely no reason to have limits on stripers whether size or quantity. Thanks all for contributing to this thread. I hope to be out on the water with all of you hookin some stripers soon!

Kill them all and make fish tacos! mm good

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Seems like you're not the only one, since I've had SEVERAL DFG Wardens tell me the same thing. BUT, what surprises me is...if even DFG Biologists AND Wardens share the same ideology about the stripers being an invasive species and recommend making fertilizer with them, why are there still limits on them in SoCal?

Is this one of those instances where regulations catch up to research 20 years down the line?
    when was the last time these SoCal freshwater limits made sense anyway.. yeah limit 5 LMB form a lake that only has 3 of them surviving.. lol..

Like you said in other threads. their main concern is the water they sell and couldnt care less if sharks show up in there..

I love striper.

They're fun to catch, they get big, they pull harder pound for pound, and there are too many of them.

On top of all this they're good for food.

Take all that you can legally take and lobby DFG to remove the limits in SoCal.

I've talked to Wardens recently at Castaic who aren't old school and are harassing people about striper limits. I'm very careful about limits because I know that 1 or 2 Wardens saying "Take as many striper as you can get, I won't bother you about striper limits." doesn't have any affect on Warden #3 but I've heard this from some old school Wardens.

Kill as many as you can legally take! More would be better but the law is the law.

Show anybody who asks how to catch schooly striper!

There are grates on the CA aqueduct at all the plants. Not dedicated fish grates but debris grates that one year or older fish really cant pass through. If they did, they would then get chopped up by the pump impellers. Yes, eggs, fresh hatch and fry can and do slip through but the statement that there are no grates is totally false.

stripers are good to eat , but try some real fishing in Alaska , california fishing sux arse becuase everyone is trying to fish each other out and take my spots, whoever is catching over their limits are a real *** head and are ruining it for the honest law abiding fisherman, go to fish fuuuuuuk hell poachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jonnyfishon; 02-25-2011 at 01:55 PM.

They're already in the lake and there's no way to get em out. Let the big ones go to be caught again and kill the dink fish.

Anyone notice how there were a lot more bigger grade fish last year????

I fish not just for fun, but for food as well. Striper make good food. I don't fish for LMB cause I don't eat them so I don't really care about their population.

The Striper Pledge:

I (Insert your name here) do solemly swear to catch Stripers judiciously by any means necessary (within DFG guidelines). I then take the oath to ensure they are not released unharmed to said body of water by making sure they feel the rath of the sharp end of a fillet knife, pocket knife, or any similar blunt instrument of cutting and mangling. Said Stripers will then be filleted and prepared in a manner conducive to tastiness and hunger supressing prepared to ones choosing coupled with any a variety of beverages preferably cold in nature. The sole responsibility with then be bestowed on the digestive system to ensure when the species in question, Stripers, see the light of day again it will at any of a number local sewage treatment facilities.

I take a stand,
    (Insert your name here)

Stripers are great eating, fun to catch, you can catch them from bank, boat, with bait, even bar hooks I LIKE UM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast