Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First time post from DVL. 3/24

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I dunno what's worse.

The un-original troll job, or the fact people will not even read anybody's inclinations that this is all a troll job, and will put in their 2 cents and feed the troll.

What is your guess on how many people he hooks?

I say the over/under is 15. It IS the Spring. ;-)
    Definitely taking the over on this one.

First, congratulations on what looks to be a fun day on the lake. I guess the problem I have with keeping the fish is the time of year that you pulled them out of the water. During the spawn, it is estimated that only 5-10 of the eggs laid PER NEST survive to reach ten inches. Thus, if you kept ten fish total, it is possible that an additional 50-100 fish were unable to reach catchable size for the rest of us (you included) to catch in the future. Catching bass during the pre-spawn and spawning period is one thing in itself, but keeping the fish is another. Please practice C&R, ESPECIALLY DURING THE SPAWN. Just imagine if everyone on the lake caught and kept their limit at DVL, the effects wouldn't be seen immediately, but if the pattern was repeated every spawn for multiple years, the effects would be seen undoubtedly. DVL is the best fishery we have in SoCal for LMB, and we need to protect it, not only for us, but for future generations.

TIGHTLINEZ

@ young gun
    thats probably the best and easiest way it has ever been said, much respect

as for the report, looks like you had fun, but if your keeping 6 13" bass at your ussual hole, dont expect that for long.

Since you seem to like to pics, can you post a few more from todays trip?? I am sure you have a few of the lake itself. Thanks

I guess the CPR patrol hasn't seen this post yet. Well first off very nice first post. Next this what practically any socal bass guy would tell you is to release all bass that you catch. Personally I find that to be a load of horse s***, but try not keep any during their spawning time same goes for any species of fish really. And when you do keep your catch you don't honestly have to keep your full limit a fish or two is plenty really. One more thing how are going to cook those bass?

Sorry but I'm not biting, this post has all the smells of something put up to evoke the CPR reaction....

I am wagering the author is under an alias....

Either way....welcome to the board...I think....or shal I say welcome BACK : )

Not biting...

I don't think the author probably even owns an ice chest like that..

sorry...
    Please continue : )

Quote Originally Posted by youngun View Post
    First, congratulations on what looks to be a fun day on the lake. I guess the problem I have with keeping the fish is the time of year that you pulled them out of the water. During the spawn, it is estimated that only 5-10 of the eggs laid PER NEST survive to reach ten inches. Thus, if you kept ten fish total, it is possible that an additional 50-100 fish were unable to reach catchable size for the rest of us (you included) to catch in the future. Catching bass during the pre-spawn and spawning period is one thing in itself, but keeping the fish is another. Please practice C&R, ESPECIALLY DURING THE SPAWN. Just imagine if everyone on the lake caught and kept their limit at DVL, the effects wouldn't be seen immediately, but if the pattern was repeated every spawn for multiple years, the effects would be seen undoubtedly. DVL is the best fishery we have in SoCal for LMB, and we need to protect it, not only for us, but for future generations.

TIGHTLINEZ
    Thank You for the head up. I'm not aware of the whole spawning that is going on right now. What you wrote made perfect sense. I don't usually keep my limit on all my outing. I was just over excited on how good the fishing is at this lake and the size of the fish here. If I catch one 15" bass in the IV it a good day for me. I know I'm gonna get bash on for saying this "YES THE BASS ARE SPAWNING NOW" 9 out of 10 fish I fillet are full with eggs :mad

sorry guys, I will be sure to C&R the bass during spawning period!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goseango View Post
    Since you seem to like to pics, can you post a few more from todays trip?? I am sure you have a few of the lake itself. Thanks
    I be happy to post the picture for you if I have them. I did not take my camera to the lake with me. The picture I had were taken at home.

Quote Originally Posted by IVBassFish View Post
    Thank You for the head up. I'm not aware of the whole spawning that is going on right now. What you wrote made perfect sense. I don't usually keep my limit on all my outing. I was just over excited on how good the fishing is at this lake and the size of the fish here. If I catch one 15" bass in the IV it a good day for me. I know I'm gonna get bash on for saying this "YES THE BASS ARE SPAWNING NOW" 9 out of 10 fish I fillet are full with eggs :mad
    Cutting them open and seeing eggs hurts... I just wanted to give you a heads up for future reference. I tried to say it in the most unbiased, positive way; and it looks like I did. Again, congrats on a great day, and I look forward to seeing you out there.

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    I'm guessing it was one of the tournament guys trying to keep you from killing another LMB.
    Lmfao, that's some funny stuff right there.

I C & R, that's just me. But I think you taking all of those fish is DUMB! Esp. this time of the year. If you fish LMB's where ever!, the " i didn't know " is lame too.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast