Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 10 bass and a 20lb striper! 5/2/2011 TJ joins the DD club

good jop

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    Sweet! Congratulations.

Here is the video I spoke of in the original post that the guy breaks off his LP and cast out a triple trout.
    This video was what ultimately lead me to the decision to use the Triple, which caught the giant.
    I dont doubt at all the size of that fish. The weight was crazy, the fight was nuts and the split rings bent.

Watch for the part where he breaks off and switches to the TT.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH_-VEZPr88

ps, I never watched it with sound yet so I don't know if the guy sounds weird or not or if he's giving good advice. I just watched the video searching for striper eating the LP to get juiced.
    I didn't get a chance to make it to DVL last weekend but I'm hoping to go this Sat. Anyways, I was just going back to this thread and was watching the video again...and noticed that after he loses the LP he said he switches to a black dog bait tail wagger. I also checked on his website and they say what lures he was using for that particular vid too.

Well, it looks like they don't make that lure anymore, and I guess it's pretty much a copy of the TT anyways. So hopefully on the next paycheck I'll get me one of those TT's. Any color/size you recommend? Thanks...

Woops, my bad it was a black dog bait!
    I had never watched it with volume until now.

Either way, same concept.. that led to the big bite.

I'd recommend trout or bass pattern. 8" is nice and brings lots of fish. I still want a 10" and would recommend that for the biggest of the baddest fishes on the fresh water. Only problem me or anyone I know has ever had with a triple trout is the stock hooks suck and the eyes fall out. Use epoxy to coat your triple trout eyes before you throw it. make sure the epoxy hardens clear before you put it on your new expensive triple trout.

I'm buying many more for sure. Lunker punkers too and today I just got this guy and tied a feather treble on it. Striper food! I have not enough money for all the trout sized lures I want for fishing LMB and stripers. Trout plugs are quickly replaceing my worm collection. It's a sickness. Big beautiful baits, some patience and a bit of skill and you'll be rewarded PHAT.

Ps...
    I have finally figure out to the trick to catching lots of fish on the swimbaits,
    but I'll have try it a few more times before I give up the gun!

For those who missed it,
    Here's the two smaller topwater striper I nailed two days after this 20lber..
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...-surface.-5-fo

And here is the largemouth I bagged ont he triple the same week I think. lol.
    that was a great week! My arm still hurts.
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...e-back!-5-8-11
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-18-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456