Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 bass and a 20lb striper! 5/2/2011 TJ joins the DD club

1. Default

I believe also and thanks for the entertaining story....my heart beats along with yours.

Great story and nice fish! Dude put on Owner Hyperwires and never look back. With Hyperwires and stout Owner or Gammie hooks you are set to kill the next big striper that eats your TT w/o a doubt

Yes been trying to figure out what size. I guess couldn't hurt to grab a few ring sizes.

Just put huge hooks and heavy duty split rings I had laying around on everything.

Sure wish I had a picture of the fish.

NEVER use "Smart"links on your swimbaits! Lesson learned.

I'm surprised I didn't bend the hooks that didn't let go.

If I would have hooked that fish on the kayak I'm about 95% sure I'd have been in big trouble! hahahaha.
    I still wouldn't have let go even if I fell in!
    I have been working for a fish over 10lb for a couple years.

Now I just need a greenie.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-03-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Hey ! .... TJ , great story .
    After reading that, i could feel the adrenaline pumping.
    I could only imagine how you must of felt ...

Congrats TJ !

Way to go TJ. I loved the read and enjoyed the pics. Congrats on the Yak, and it should start getting better with the stripers just about to go off.

Great job, buddy. Really awesome report!!!!!! As was said before, "I beleive".

The call of the DD striper is a strong one, congratulations TJ!

WOW! Thanks for the great report! It's very helpful to newbies like myself...

Pretty cool report and pics,I guess that striper didn't stay on the hook,but it sure sounds like you are!(striper fishing hooked that is)congrats on awesome fight,at least you got to see the fish that gave you that ride!Nothing is more depressing than hooking something that pulls like that and not getting to at least see it.Good Job!

My son and I were in the red tracker just to the right of the ramp where you came down the rocks and through the punker 4-5 times. As we were pulling out we saw you on the point. We were kicking are butts because we came bass fishing and did not load the swimbaits. We had 4 follow are offerings to the boat then turn away. The area along the rocks was loaded with striper we saw 10-12 all 8+ pounds.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast