Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 27 LMB and a Sunburn to Boot

Default 27 LMB and a Sunburn to Boot

Roy and I played hooky from work last Friday to have the best LMB fishing day of our lives. We started with Carolina rigged finesse robo worms and made the decision to try the sencos we have heard so much about. The learning curve was short as the LM Bass were happy to participate in our education on sencos. We started at the east end to the south side to west end and by lunch we had eight fish C&R. A visit by the inlet to the north side and the feast began. The next two hours produced 19 LMB, all C&R, with big grins and laughing as school boys. Our down fall was to remove our shirts before the bite impacted us. Before long the frantic C&R, get back in the water asap, gave way to the warm presence of UV on our backs, sunscreen re-apply was missed.
    We had the best LMB fishing day of our lives with 3- dinks, 18- 1.5 lb to 2.5 lb and 6- 3 lb to 4 lb. There were several long distant C&R's and learning curve misses, but I can not say it enough on how great of a day it was.
    We will be back this coming Saturday.

Default Friday at DVL

I fished DVL on Friday and Saturday.......It was an awesome weekend. I caught 41 LMB total for both days, but friday was awesome! We also caught many dinks, with a mix of 3 and 4 pounders. We finished with 25+, but ended the day with a back to back cast, landing a 3.7, then a 3.11. We stirred up the area, so we move to the other side of the cove and landed a 4.9, 4.11, and finished the day off with a 6.10.

Friday was on fire!!

Great job out there, it was a special day for LMB!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	David 6.10 lbs_1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	30418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greg 4.9 lbs_1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	30419  

Nice job Papa Rosser,
    You guys put the number on them lmb's, playing a hooky from work to go fishing, we should all do that more often!

Very good day! Glad the senko worked so good for you .Like I said the learning curve is small. Sorry you missed desertfishen3 but we will get together soon. Going thur. will give you a call.

I believe Roy and I saw and talk briefly with you and David that Friday. We were in the aluminum 16' Tracker Pro series. You guys put the fear and trembling in those LMB. We will be down for a couple weeks, but not out. Our next trip to DVL is June 11 Saturday, for now.
    Tight Lines.