Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: designated smoking area

Default designated smoking area

morning everyone,
    i know there a couple of you guys that don't smoke but there some of us that do.

i heard stories of people getting busted for smoking on thier boat and got ticket for it.
    i was checking out the rule and regulations on the lake official site and it plainly state "NO SMOKING UNLESS IT'S IN DESIGNATED AREA" and where is that designated area?

DOES THIS MEAN YOU CAN NOT SMOKE ON YOUR OWN BOAT WHILE YOU ARE ON THE LAKE?

any information would be greatfull, since i'm one of the smoker.

idk the rules nor do i smoke, but id say no smoking on the lake, designated areas would b the parking lot only?

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime-Steve View Post
    idk the rules nor do i smoke, but id say no smoking on the lake, designated areas would b the parking lot only?
    personally i dont smoke nor do i like being around cigs, i have worse asthma than the guy who invented the inhaler. but i would have to say the parking lot so the buttes dont end up in the lake.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

smoke on your boat or anywhere you want, thats what i do =]

I dont smoke but I dont ever recall seeing that rule. Thats wierd.

Default Diamond official site

go to the diamond official site or click on this http://www.dvlake.com/rules01.html and it's on #2 on the rule list.

like i said, some of you are not smoker but some of us are and on occassion we like to enjoy what why we do it and i'm sure you know some one that does smoke (friends, family,co-worker, ect...)

and i hope that everyone is responsible enough to take care of disposing there cigarette butt and ash properly and if they didn't than they deserve a good citation and court fees.

so far no one has any answer to this thread.

i call up the store marina and they have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by fishchum View Post
    go to the diamond official site or click on this http://www.dvlake.com/rules01.html and it's on #2 on the rule list.

like i said, some of you are not smoker but some of us are and on occassion we like to enjoy what why we do it and i'm sure you know some one that does smoke (friends, family,co-worker, ect...)

and i hope that everyone is responsible enough to take care of disposing there cigarette butt and ash properly and if they didn't than they deserve a good citation and court fees.

so far no one has any answer to this thread.

i call up the store marina and they have no clue.
    just smoke in the parking lot. most of the time they dont want people smoking by the lake because people leave there buttes behind. so if your looking to smoke while on a boat on the lake or on shore next to the lake dont. chances are you cant. just smoke in the parking lot thats the only place thats close to the lake that i can think of you being able to smoke without not being on lake owner property.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Well, I was a smoker when I first went to Skinner. I was AMAZED that they had a no smoking rule. What? On my own boat a mile from the nearest person? I always carried an old coffee can with some sand or dirt in it to hold my butts, but the world is full of people who figure "Well, it's just one butt who cares". Since there are hundreds of those people they had to create the rule.
    Since I am a rule follower I did look into it and asked where it's ok to smoke. There were some tables with ash trays by the bait/tackle shop trailer, and that's where they said it was OK. There and in and by your vehicle. I'm sure thast if nobody just stepped on thier butts or tossed them off their boat there would be no rule.

Now that I'm a non-smoker I don't really care. I do care about cans, bottles, and pampers. That's why I don't go to Perris.

Smoke em if you got em !! What the hell man ! Is this Califorinia ? Oh yea it is.... Sorry..

I have no info, but its good to know this rule... I don't have asthma but my lungs cease up around cig smoke and I avoid it at all costs.
    Last time I went to DVL, some jerks rolled up on top of my lines and almost tipped the rental, then lit up upwind of me and smoked me out of my spot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast