Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVL Shore Fishing 5/17/11 (Pics)

Default DVL Shore Fishing 5/17/11 (Pics)

Strange weather today at the jewel but the bass bite was still pretty good. Fished the shorelines on both sides of the launch ramp. T-rig robos and weightless t-rig senkos on 6lb fluro. The majority of the bass I caught were holding tight to submerged brush in 5-15ft of water. I've been at the lake every week for the past couple months and I've noticed the water level is steadily rising still week after week. Some spots that I would be fishing from a week prior are now completely submerged. Anyone know what's going on with that? Anyway, here's some pics...

Sick man, way to get on the fish. Those are some nice chunk's. Thanks for the report.

great report

Those last couple of pics are SWEET. Well Done!!!

Nice fish...the water rises because it's a MWD reservoir. They fill it as much as possible during the winter and spring and then draw it down for consumers in the summer. The SWP allocations have been plentiful so far so they fill it up. They will likely take it to full pool if the allocations remain plentiful. They still aren't pumping river water in there so it's all norcal water.

Thanks guys and Big Country thanks for clearing that up for me. I knew it had something to do with the MWD I just wasn't exactly sure why they continue to fill the lake when it's already almost full. The water level is definitely the highest I've ever seen it. Not saying that that's a bad thing :) definitely don't wanna go back to the days where you couldn't even launch your own boat and when you had to hike a mile down and back up the launch ramp -__-

Nice basses.
    The water is definitely way the heck up there.
    Kinda creepy when you come over the hill from the empty side and see how full it is!
    Hopefully all those damn dams stay steady haha.

Can't wait to get back out there.

Thanks Tacklejunkie, I've seen you out there a couple times throwing the hell out of the swimmy in the blistering heat. Gotta give you props for that, that's definitely work! I'll be sure to say what's up next time. I'll be out there Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning.

Sorry for the newbie question but...... whats a T-rig? is it drop shoting with a worm wacking style? thanks again? Khanh

Should have looked at the picks closely.... you mean Texas-rig right?
    Last edited by khanhqpham; 05-20-2011 at 08:29 AM.

your right bro t rig is texas rig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast