Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A big.....

Default A big.....

nothing !!!
    Was out at DVL today; weather was awesome; surface temp at the buoy line was about 63 and 65 at the east dam.

got there at 915 and was in the water by 10....trolled with LC using rat trap and buck tail jig....lost the rat trap to a big tree....yea, it came out of nowhere in the shallow area ...

got to the BL around 1130ish and a few boats had some jailbirds hanging from their boat...

I baited up with chovy with small split shot and took my turn there but couldn't shake the monkey of my back. I tried counting to 10, 20, and 30 and 40 sec[s] before flipping the bail to suspend the bait....no go.

the depth at the BL was about 240 ft.

It was a great day away from the office nevertheless....

if anyone got any idea as to how I can improve, shoot me a line.

I'm assuming you were fishing for strippers n catfish? Your best bet would be to fish the dam side left of the boat ramp, if not then ask the guys that work on the dock. They usually give a heads up how the fishing is day by day...