Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fun with a friend, the fish and a broken rod 5/20

Default Fun with a friend, the fish and a broken rod 5/20

Hit DVL today with Ivan to look for the elusive monsters that be. This one's for you dude!

First cast of the day I get blown up hard on the giant zara spook trout but no stick. First freaking cast! Dayum that was cool! Made my day right then and there. I could see the huge fish with shoulders sneaking up on my giant bait but too bad it didn't stick. Next time! Also had tons of LMB come up to the same bait but nobody would commit like the first blow up.

Had follows all day on a few more different trout swimbaits, and also had 4 striper attack one swimbait but did not get hooked?! WTF! (I watched it happen so know it to be so, also felt it in the rod)
    That was crazy! Would have had some huge ones but guess they simply just didn't stick today for me.

Ivan had followers all day as well. At the last spot we both had like 8 BIG BASS following our swimbaits. Ivan kept it up with the 6: plastic punker and hooked his first topwater swimbait bass! Fish shook him right at shore though or we'd have a picture. He was lit up all day and stoked to get hammered like that, to say the least.

All in all we had tons of fun. the fish were F'n with us all day and bouncing off our giant offerings left and right. Saw HUGE fish swiping my lures but no hookups. Saw trout being chased on the surface too. Heard rumors of CHEATERS using LIVE TROUT for bait and got a bit peaved. We know we are out there with LURES and KEEPING IT REAL like real ANGLERS would!

I took a skunk and Ivan hooked the phatty but lost him, and we couldn't care less because we had so much fun with the fish! We even packed out some nasty trash AGAIN!

Bad side, I snapped my carrot stick! Bummer!
    It was good while it lasted!
    Here's our pics. Good to fish with ya again bro, great work out there! See ya again soon.

Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-20-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Dam they were messing with you all day-you'll get=em next time, sorry to hear about that carrot stick snappin too.

That's a great lake.
    Wish I could go more often. Can't believe some of the things I have seen and tangled with in that water.
    Need to focus on closer waters for a bit while I sort out my rod situation and even make a few rods and baits maybe. Gas an entry over there is tough when I have annual passes for other closer areas.

Thanks guys it's been tons of fun.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-20-2011 at 09:36 PM.