Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Quaggas in Diamond Valley

DVL initially filled by Colorado River...since the massive draw down of water the past 2 years, the re-fill has been all from the State Water Project. There is a small treatment facility built at the Copper River Res that has been somewhat successful in treating the Quagga, but nothing is 100% and this is why they still are not using River water to fill DVL. In fact, MWD is in the middle of securing additional storage rights in Lake Mead for the next several yrs because they simply want to keep the river water there and continue to use SWP water to fill the resi's.

The damage the quagga causes to their infrastructure is way worse than the average person thinks. And in the end, if they loose their infrastructure then how they gonna keep the great MWD machine moving??? I will agree with an earlier post though about the quality/clarity of Havasu these days along with the quantity and quality of the fish...it's pretty awesome compared to 10 years ago.

the is already infested.
    i know becuase i was a contractor and did some work for them back in 2006 when we change all the intake gate and from havasu all the way to eagle rock station.

there is 5 station that transport water from havasu and i have work and seen all of them and there a sh**t load of them.
    go check out the canal from indio to here if you guys really want to see it. scoop of the bottom silt that on the bottom of the canal and also check the crack on the canal and see it for yourselves
    the inspection is all BS!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234