Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quaggas in Diamond Valley

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    These conspiracy theories have me busting up. If they turn you away it means that no entrance fee for them and less money? LOL!

Um, then explain why Lake Matthews is closed?

No fishermen means they don't have to staff anyone at the lake. That saves them, oh, 15 paychecks every 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost2uu View Post
    Because this attitude of "all dry or go home" is a waste. They have the mussels in the system already. Its raining and your boat is not tagged go home. Some of us fish more than one lake. Why isn't a Perris or Silverwood tag good at DVL they have all the same people inspecting boats. (uneducated minimum wage work staff) It is the same lame excuse they use so they can open the lake late and close it early. They don't want anglers running over Kangaroo rats in the dark. What a joke.
    I've seen those Kangaroo Rats (in the dark) at the 'Wood. Be nice, I like those! haha.
    Look like freakin' rreal life Poke'mons
    I'm going to train one to do battle for me on the water while I fish.
    Lure retriever.
    I name them skillet like on 12oz mouse.
    They're like the size of a basketball and jump over 6' high!
    I don't think Anglers threaten their existence though..
    More like Mr. Rattler Hungryman

Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-24-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    I've seen those Kangaroo Rats (in the dark) at the 'Wood. Be nice, I like those! haha.
    Look like freakin' rreal life Poke'mons
    I'm going to train one to do battle for me on the water while I fish.
    Lure retriever.
    I name them skillet like on 12oz mouse.
    They're like the size of a basketball and jump over 6' high!
    I don't think Anglers threaten their existence though..
    More like Mr. Rattler Hungryman

I will beat you using only my charmander, but if youve played the pokemon games you know the only way to battle me is to walk in front of me where i can see you. until then you will have to take my word for it on the charmander thing
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Can anyone name a lake the has been ruined by the Quaggas. From what I have seen the fishing has gotten 10x better in lakes that have Quaggas.

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    These conspiracy theories have me busting up. If they turn you away it means that no entrance fee for them and less money? LOL!
    The entry fees for the next 50 years wont total what they make in a summer selling the water. LOL they wont get less money until everyone quits watering their front yards and flushing their toilets. They do not care about anglers one bit and had to open it to the public at least in the beginning to get the votes to start the project. Lets build a giant museum that no one goes to. But the marina will still be run from a trailer powered by generators. Why run plumbing for real restrooms when they can just lock the doors on these glorified porta potties and pull them away when they do close the lake. I have a true love hate relationship with DVL

I lived in the mid-west for 15 years. I probably fished 50 lakes during that time. I can't name one lake that we had to pay to fish, other than a $3.00 launch fee. Along with not having to pay to fish, we were allowed to fish all day and night.

The reason according to DFG that there is no fishing in Lake Matthews is that :

1-There is no launch ramp. [for more than 1 boat at a time].
    2-There are no fee's to build one.
    3-No consessioneer had come forward with a viable plan to take the lake public.

So really all we need is millions for a ramp, and someone to run it for them. Maybe they should just sell dock rights, and home lots to generate the funds to build the ramp. Walla! another Canyon Lake with good fishing to boot. Rick G.

DFG are bs. a lot of them not all of them hate fishing just as much as non fishing residence in california. only difference is they have authority to stop fishing.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Where did you get this information fish-o-haulic? Why would DFG employees hate fishing? It's their entire line of work. Seems like quite a charge, just curious if you have anything to support it. I've talked to plenty of DFG guys and they all seem to be pretty nice and as long as I've followed the rules very pleasant to talk with and very interested in how the fishing is going. Have you met a bunch of DFG employees that hate fishing? Seems kind of a strange career choice if you hate it.

It's only a matter of time before the truth come out and all the boat inspections are all a waste. The truth of the fact is were do the water that fills diamond vally lake come from? I may be wrong but I think it comes from the duct same as castic,pryamid and silverwood and guess what if the duct has quagga mussels in it so will they its not boaters bringing them in its the state thats doing it and just want to blame it on honest fisherman

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast