Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any LMB reports from this week?

Default Any LMB reports from this week?

I haven't fished DVL in a couple of weeks, and I'm just looking for an update from anyone who has fish DVL lately. Is there any location changes, i.e., fish hang'n off structure in the morning, reaction bites, in structure mid-day, water depth fish are hang'n out morning and mid-day, etc. Or is it the staus quo.......spinner baits & swimbaits in the morning, drop shop & senkos morning to mid-day, Any action on large worms?

Anything anyone has to offer..................

Thank you in advance.

My two sons and I was there yesterday. Caught 25-30 lm largest 3 lbs 10 oz best 5 16 lbs. Senks& D.S. 2' - 25' nothing on 9" worms. Farmed out 2 nice ones at the boat.

Hi Greg, indeed we fished on Tuesday. Ran into Pete Marino launching the boat and took his advice to use topwater. Starting with the second cast, the next 3 landed keepers in the 3-5 lb range walking a spook, then it just stopped. Switched to a spinner, nothing. Switched again using a couple different cranks, again nothing. Switched to drop shotting a 7" robo and wacky rigged senkos after that. We both had limits of 3-5 lb keepers within the first hour and a half. Double limits by 11 am. Then it just shut down. We managed a few dinks and a couple of keepers the rest of the day , but it definitely slowed, at least where we fished. After the early morning topwater, we caught the rest in the 10-20 depth range. A couple were caught throwing to the bank, but that bite was weak and filled with dinks. By the end of the day, we boated close to 40 fish, including a 12 lb catfish caught on a crank, go figure. Best bet is topwater early, then go deep, 10-30 ft. using plastics. Trees and rock piles did best for us...

Thank for the update.........you always seem to have good info. It sounds like its still the staus quo, for the most part. Great job on the fish count!

Thanks HawgZ......good hear topwater bite is starting. That is a blast to see bass take down spooks. Thanks for the update.

Your welcome Greg. Indeed, it was a blast, but what a tease, just wish the topwater lasted longer, it's definitely a rush watching that spook get slammed. But, I'll take em any way they come lol. Using artificials of course...

I have a question though, seems all the keepers are in the 3-6 lb range. Where are all the kickers? A couple of years ago, we would catch kickers in the 7-10 lb range fairly regularly. Not anymore. I have heard of a few, but they are far and few between. Anybody got any ideas on why?

Maybe the stripers are eating ALOT more of the basic food chain baits that the LMB would normally have an chance to eat in there growing years ?

Default yep...

As Hawgzwylde mentioned I was there on Tuesday and railed them pretty good...

I started by throwing topwater first thing in an area I had a hunch about and on my 2nd cast I got crushed by a giant on the topwater, played it to the boat and lipped a SOLID 6lb Largie...

Got a couple more then the topwater stuff died....its still a little early..

But then threw other reactions and plastics and brought the numbers up to about 40 bass by 2pm. My 6lber was the biggest and we also had another about 5 1/2 lbs on a plastic. And we also had several in the 3+ lb range.

All in all a pretty good bite and getting better...

Ill post a better report later..I gotta get out of here to get ready for my little girls Bday party.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Desertfishen2 View Post
    My two sons and I was there yesterday.
    Really? Darn, I was looking out for you all day and never saw you. I was on the east side of the lake all day.

I wish I had an anwser for you........I've been fishing for years, al types of fish, salmon, sturgeon, Tuna, and playing around at the local lakes, but this January, I broke down and bought a bass boat. Thats all I've been hitting since! I have the bug.......BAD! Ask my wife, she is even saying......WTF! I've been doing great, on a high learning curve and my size and fish counts are getting bigger and bigger. Between all the reading, my narural ability, and some help from Dan and Matt at the Last Change Bait and Tackle, the pieces of the puzzle our fitting together rather nicely. Like most, I can boat 20 LMB a day at DVL, with some nice 3-5 lbers in the mix. My largest is a 6.50 lber and I'm looking for my first 10 lber! I fished my first toruny last weekend and posted a limit, even lost a good 5 lb kicker 10 feet from the boat after it was done jumping around. It was in the death swim aproach!. It was a good goal to set right out of the gate and I was happy with the results of meeting that goal, so with this said, I'm learning DVL as the season changes. I understand the most of the baits used and haven't seen the 7 to 10 lbers yet. I know they are there, but why they may be getting smaller, I'm not sure yet.

Let me know by posting back........I would like to know also. Thanks for ur info HawgZ! Talk to you soon or around the fourm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast