Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is DVL open tomorrow (Memorial Day)?

Quote Originally Posted by one time View Post
    A ton of boat traffic...did fairly well on the typical baits. Highlight of the day was seeing Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Brian Shaw!! Mr Shaw was was cool, and took a minute to say hello. LAKER NATION 2012

Very cool. First I hear about Pete fishin with Kevin Gross, now you guys get to meet Brian Shaw. I'm going to keep my eyes open a little better around that marina from now on.

It must of looked like a chaotic Farris wheel with every body following each other from point to cove to point to cove lol. Was wondering how fishing would be out there today, as you and Matt both brought up post front and BP conditions. Going out tomorrow, looks like a little cloud cover, falling BP, and a nearly new moon. All following a good surface warm up day! Yes indeed, this could be good. Thanks for the report one time!
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 05-30-2011 at 05:34 PM.

Drop shot plum berry in 5 to 15'. Boring at times, but it put plenty in the boat! Go get em tmrw!!

the fishin today was overly boring. they bit extremely well but today it just didnt feel fun. same old stuff, same old spots, same size fish. numbers weren't an issue size seemed to be. only had like 19 or 20#'s. lots of rats. good amount of 3 to 4's.

senko, drop shot, texas and crank

Brian Shaw was there today? No way!!!!!!!! aw man

Yea, I saw Brian yesterday also. Also a guy I know, Ray, is watching his rig for him and let me check it out in the parking lot yeasterday. Man he has a really nice setup. HDS scan up on the bow and on the console. It it really decked out.

Fishing wise was slow for us. Caught them on soft jerkbaits, and walking baits. Didn't fish any slow presentation stuff. Too boring for me. Only managed a few, but the winds definitely was more than 11mph in the afternoon (4pm). Wind swells were like a 1 foot to 2 foot with crazy white caps and and mixed up. Really challenging coming back for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12