Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stiper Boils

Ya they boiled for about 30 seconds to about a max of 2 minutes (from what I experienced) then just jumped around the lake. I tried to so hard to time it but I was in a rental bass boat. So by the time I got to the boil I only had one good LLLOOOOONNNNGGG cast to try to hook up. Now I go out with some friends I met and we get there quick.

Damn you guys suck! All this topwater talk now I gotta go change my underroos....

Quote Originally Posted by a321eric View Post
    Ya they boiled for about 30 seconds to about a max of 2 minutes (from what I experienced) then just jumped around the lake. I tried to so hard to time it but I was in a rental bass boat. So by the time I got to the boil I only had one good LLLOOOOONNNNGGG cast to try to hook up. Now I go out with some friends I met and we get there quick.
    Yeah thats the way to do it.....I have the Bass Txi tomorrow so I'm there is a boil we should get to it in time. We shall see......

Dvl's stripers spook to easy the pigs at castaic got ape/s/h/i/t/,,,,,,,,,you have to remember castaic has had stripers in it way longer than the dvl,and unlike some lakes the shads are many and the fish are big and fat,and the stripers there once they start boiling they are actually like clockwork and when and were the blow up,,they know were all the shad pile up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yeah they spook waaaay easy at DVL.
    They see it all there.
    Water so clear too.

Today would be great, nice moon and cloud cover. I bet people are catching right now. I knew I shoulda went but too late now.

I'm gonna go check out the wood. I got the bike loaded up with a fresh wrapped two piece.
    Wish me luck.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 07-12-2011 at 07:26 AM.

there,s no boils at d.v.l.
    go to legg. lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wAA0Lxu2NE

That is nothing ,when you see an area the size of a football feild or bigger and every inch is white water then you freakout,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Try not to run over your self without proof or pics.
    I've seen over 10,000 stripers boiling in different areas which is nothing like castaic.
    Go to Legg!

When im the water and i see boils im not shooting video ,dude im killing stripers with my topwater ****,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    When im the water and i see boils im not shooting video ,dude im killing stripers with my topwater ****,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Lol, exactly T/O.

My partner and I were out on a Tuesday last fall fishing for LMB's along the northeast shore heading towards the east dam at DVL, we were roughly 20 yards off shore when we heard what sounded like a roar of splashing water, we turned around and no s**t, a boil that stretched halfway across the lake and 1/4+ mile from the dam outwards. It was insane, it lasted a good 25 minutes. I had a rod on the deck with a big hammer on it and quickly grabbed it and began throwing it as fast as I could, it had a 6.4 retrieve and I reeled as fast as I could. Absolutely slammed them. We caught 40+ fish between the 2 of us keeping the limits and throwing the rest back. The last thing I would even have thought about was grabbing a vid cam. Was having more fun than should be allowed lol...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast