Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: rancho jurupa park lakes

Default rancho jurupa park lakes

does any one have info on thes little lakes in riverside called rancho jurupa park lakes ive read people pulling out 25 pound trout out of this place i kno its not winter yet but i think this place would be awsome in trout season if u have info let me kno

i found this (Rancho Jurupa also offers camping a couple minutes from downtown Riverside. These can be had either by reservation or on a first-come, first-served basis and is a favorite with RVers. Most sites have water and electricity, and a few have full hookups. There is primitive camping as well.

THE LAKES

The back, second lake is worth a visit, but it is very shallow and surrounded by cattails. It is planted periodically, but it’s a better spot for picnicking and birding, since it attracts all kinds of riparian and water birds.

The larger, first lake is the place to concentrate your angling effort. There are two basic approaches to fishing this lake. The first group likes to use weight to get the bait out into the deeper water of the middle. This method can produce results, but it tends to be slow. Families and picnickers prefer this method.

These anglers usually use bait to attract fish to their hooks. Berkley Powerbait, worms and salmon eggs are the most popular baits and all work depending on the conditions. As usual with bait, bring a variety and try different concoctions until you find the right combination.

SIGHT FISHING

What draws the fishing fanatics to this lake is the fact that schools of trout cruise just a few feet from shore. This is one of the few local opportunities to sight-fish for trout. Bring your polarized sunglasses and watch for fish swimming past.

The trout tend to move counterclockwise around the lake, from the left to the right closest to fishermen. In a couple of areas, they move back and forth over a small area they especially like. When you find the fish, cast a few feet ahead of your target and bring the lure back across the fish’s path.

Small, soft plastic crappie-type jigs are preferred over bait for this fishing. Most anglers prefer to fish these under a bobber and to “twitch” the lure in to make it dance. Some people walk the shore, stalking schools of fish, turning fishing into a form of hunting.

Carry several colors of jigs and choose smaller one-thirty-second- or one-sixty-fourth-ounce jigs over larger ones. There are many colors available, but white, brown, black, red, chartreuse and combinations of these are all popular.) let me kno if any knos other info on these lakes

u jig or bait n wait? hit that lake alot especially durin trout good lake nice ppl and staff with some funny drunks every now and then. overall one of my favs...nevr herd of a 25 lb trout outta ther tho haha thats a corona thing but nevr this place lol...hit me up with pm if u hav more ?s

lake record is 28.10 caught from santa ana