Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Norconian Question

An IRR (Individual Ready Reserve) card still gives you access to on-base privileges. I got mine as soon as I was honorably discharged from the Navy and received my DD-214. If your friend still has inactive duty on his original contract then he is still eligible to receive an IRR card by visiting one of the major military bases nearby where they issue CAC cards to military personnel. I got mines at Camp Pendleton.

P.S. Is the fishing at Lake Narconian any good? This is my first time hearing of it, I had no idea there was a military base there.. my base sticker and IRR card don't expire until 2012. Are there any other military hot spots in the area? I totally forgot about Naval Weapons Station, Seal Beach as well.. Does anybody know if you're allowed to fish there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Wade Jr View Post
    An IRR (Individual Ready Reserve) card still gives you access to on-base privileges. I got mine as soon as I was honorably discharged from the Navy and received my DD-214. If your friend still has inactive duty on his original contract then he is still eligible to receive an IRR card by visiting one of the major military bases nearby where they issue CAC cards to military personnel. I got mines at Camp Pendleton.

P.S. Is the fishing at Lake Narconian any good? This is my first time hearing of it, I had no idea there was a military base there.. my base sticker and IRR card don't expire until 2012. Are there any other military hot spots in the area? I totally forgot about Naval Weapons Station, Seal Beach as well.. Does anybody know if you're allowed to fish there?
    Dude, fish Oneil on Pendleton. Its going off!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianGuy View Post
    MarkyMark, I'm confused myself when jeepnkal indicated honorable discharge is different than retirement, thus, ID cannot be issued. I believe that's where the confusions lay. Thanks for clearing it up Mark.
    Yup, my bad. I forgot about the "retirement" in your post. We commonly refer to someone who is retired as retired. discharged isnt wrong, but used in another way.

I was more referring to the original poster. It doesnt sound like his friend is retired, just received and Honorable, which would not make him eligible for base access.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12