Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluegill at Lake Perris

Default Bluegill at Lake Perris

Is it possible to catch some gills without having to get a boat at Lake Perris right now? Any recommendations as to where I should fish? I have never been there before. I'm going on Wednesday and not willing to rent out a boat there because I saved all my money for a Vegas trip this weekend. LOL

If I were heading out to Perris without a boat, I would work the dam. It's going to be a lot of work, but it might be worth it. I would flyline bait, crickets or meal worms, out as far as I could get it with as little weight as possible. Be prepared to loose some tackle. You'll be fishing in and around rocks and boulders. Throwing small panfish spinners deep could also be a good bet. Just remember, the walk to get out there is only half the walk.
    Good Luck.

The bluegill bite at Perris is sick right now at the marina on crickets and redworms.. My neighbor just went and racked them up...Big ones too!!!

Pete

Default bluegill

The bluegill have move back to deeper water, Fished the bluegill at perris on sat. Did not meter much in water less than 20 ft. It took all morning to find the fish. we fished rockclimbers cove in 27-30' of water. The shad are all stacked up in the cove. It would be impossible to fish from shore its too far out. we did catch the bait sized bluegill in the shallower water. once we found the fish it was 50 big bluegill in 1.5 hrs.

The dam is probably your best bet, keep walking and casting until you find the school. or the marina, the marina bowl is about 25 ft. so they may be stacked up in that deeper water with cover. I'd either fish a 2lb test dropshot or float with an 8 ft leader. all fish were caught on crickets.

Tuna out

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0084(1).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	32504Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0073(1).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	32505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0079(1).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	32507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0086(1).jpg 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	32508

The east end has slowed down from the tube, only (14) 7"-9" two weeks ago. I had to work hard to catch those, not much bait fish, I guess I will have to go out of Bernasconi this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by tunagod1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0084(1).jpg 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	32504Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0073(1).jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	32505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0079(1).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	32507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0086(1).jpg 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	32508
    Tuna, You seemed to always end up finding them. Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by MR. J View Post
    Is it possible to catch some gills without having to get a boat at Lake Perris right now? Any recommendations as to where I should fish? I have never been there before. I'm going on Wednesday and not willing to rent out a boat there because I saved all my money for a Vegas trip this weekend. LOL
    I think you will do much better in a boat imo, that has been my personal experience, remember I am pretty much a beginner though,...anyways it's fun either way! oh ....and have Fun in Vegas....also just my opinion spend money on fishing not gambling lol.
    Last edited by M@M; 08-23-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M@M View Post
    Tuna, You seemed to always end up finding them. Nice job!
    Yeah, had to work this time, took over 3.5 hrs to find them, havent fished perris in almost a month, Been fishing DVL for the last three weeks. Been trying to figure out the striper thing at DVL. Not to much success lately but we're learning the lake still. Finally got my fish finder working right, should make it alot easier next time out. The Bass fishing at DVL has been great, we've been avg. 40+ LMB C&R'd. But thats part of my problem with stripers. I go there intending to fish stripers and if I don't catch a striper in a hour, i switch over to LMB fishing. I guess thats why the learning curve is so long. LOL

Tuna out

Yeah, But you can eat stripers! lol.... and I'm sure you'll get that lake dialed in too.
    Last edited by M@M; 08-23-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast