Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in a Striper's stomach

Excellent report...WTG for PB striper Skunked Again. Were you anchoring or drifting ?
    thx, j

Great report , congrats on the PB . Looks like you did well . I was the only boat trolling around the group of 15-20 boats out there and got spanked with only 4 little ones . Tomarrow should be good thou , but I'll be hiking .

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime-Steve View Post
    Niiiiice! looks like you tore it up out there.. intresting to see what's in there stomach's. where does the shrimp come from?
    They must live in the lake. I saw a post about a week ago with a shrimp about 1.5" long in a striper belly. These must be the babies.

Quote Originally Posted by diamondbear View Post
    Great report , congrats on the PB . Looks like you did well . I was the only boat trolling around the group of 15-20 boats out there and got spanked with only 4 little ones . Tomarrow should be good thou , but I'll be hiking .

Good job with hooking on the troll. That was our original intention. GL hiking the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertfishen2 View Post
    congrats on another good day and good job putting your friends on fish. The trip with GREGG pays off. Chad and I will be contacting you about the lmb trip.
    Thanks, and I am definately looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bob sr View Post
    what a day!..............question: where you flylining those sardines, or were you using some type of weight(sinkers) to get those 'dines dowm and into the "zone"?
    Sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huukup12 View Post
    Excellent report...WTG for PB striper Skunked Again. Were you anchoring or drifting ?
    thx, j
    Mostly anchored, did a littel of both.

I was out there with two friends on a rental. We didn't hook up with any striper but we were right there with all of the other boats that morning. We were dropping frozen anchovies with a weight and about a 3ft leader and also dropping and jigging a medium crocodile. CAUGHT NOTHING. One guy there said fresh mackerel catches the striper 10 to 1 compared to frozen anchovies. I'm going back this Tuesday and going to try again. What should I try? I will definitely get some fresh mackerel from my local store for bait. It looked like some of the other boats out there were catching on jigs cuz I saw them dropping them down and then reeling/jigging it in. What jigs are working? One of the marina staff also told me guys use home made white flys made from feathers. I'd like to try and make some myself. Any help here is appreciated. I'm not too knowledgeable on striper. I usually do more large mouth bass fishing.

My stripers from yesterday had full stomachs and it seemed like digested shad put thru a blender ha , last week my stripers from a different part of lk. had a shrimp and full size shads in there stomachs . Iam watching and learning about the bait thing at DVL but trolling is my thing .

Quote Originally Posted by diamondbear View Post
    My stripers from yesterday had full stomachs and it seemed like digested shad put thru a blender ha , last week my stripers from a different part of lk. had a shrimp and full size shads in there stomachs . Iam watching and learning about the bait thing at DVL but trolling is my thing .
    Thanks, I am always interested in what is in there bellies and glad someone chimed in.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast